[LPR] Luigi

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Decided to Enter a Low Poly modeling contest at Cgchat. In short, You must redesign a game character with Nintendo DS specs. I added a more detailed description below.

CgChat's Low Poly Modeling Competition said:
Description:
Model an existing or made up game character with handheld console specs(in this case, the NintendoDS). You could mess with the design and create a whole new character, but it would still have to fit in the excisting game you choose. So yes: you have to choose a game(sure this limits creativity, but the challenge is to see if you can make a character that would actually fit in an excisting game universe).

Rules/Specs:
There are 3 options:
1: Model the Main character
---Specs: 350 Triangles, 1 128x128 texture(with/without alpha maps)

2: Model a Boss:
----Specs: 512 Traingles, 1 256x256 texture(with/without alpha maps)
Now on to my model. I've basically completed the actual model and I'm working on the uvmap, but here's a quick shot of the model.

Any crits or somments would be appreciated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is it with recent spur of low poly character modelling everywhere [everywhere being polycount and cgchat]?
Anyway, nice. He could use a crotch though, and those four polygons sitting above his eyes aren't really needed (considering the charater would primarily be seen from the back)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The four polies about above the eyes are his hat lol, and since it's luigi he'd more than likely be seen from the side :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks sexy, slap a skin on that *****, would love to see a realistic luigi.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The four polies about above the eyes are his hat lol, and since it's luigi he'd more than likely be seen from the side
I'd just had the idea in my head of him being using in a 3d platformer instead of a side scroller, lol. Don't know why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Mapped and I'm about to start the texture

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=_= holy god... you lost ur legs or why your so hell damn fast?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Started the texture :O

the flats:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, lazeh, i see you pelt mapped the face :p, i can tell by that evil spread mouth thing.

Looks mkay, but the eyes look bad, there really wide at the top, and look more like waluwigi's eyes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Working on it a bit more :)

here it is on the model:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a bit ridged for a Miyamuto character.... but you can easily fix this issue I believe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't know if you read my initial posts but I only have 350 triangles to work with. Which means I have to skip out on a lot of details. Furthermore, the competition is not to recreate a game character but to redesign it.

Best answers
its not that good looking? looks like he aint a friendly kid's game

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Luigi smoking pot and sniffing some crack eh? You need to fix that. :-O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hail nazi verision of luigi ^_^

His head is really messed up, he looks like hes on drugs.

Its hard to explain whats wrong with it, but it seems his head is too long

got a link to competition?

Best answers
i dont know much about luigi, i've only seen pictures of him which are like 6 pixels lol :p

Anyway texture wise, i think it looks great for 128 :p cant wait to see the finished product.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
What is it with recent spur of low poly character modelling everywhere [everywhere being polycount and cgchat]?
Anyway, nice. He could use a crotch though, and those four polygons sitting above his eyes aren't really needed (considering the charater would primarily be seen from the back)
answer: Nintendo DS and PSP handheld pioneers.

ontopic: Luigi looks great man, as long as it isnt supposed to be true to luigi i think you can add some stuff like a diff clothing color etc. legs need sum details

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom