LOTR - RETURN OF THE KING!!! Critz

Best answers
Hey guys. I was just curious to see what you guys thought of the movie if you've seen it.

I'll start off.

I read the books 5 years ago, and since I heard they were making the trilogy I wanted to piss my pants. I waited so long for 'Fellowship' to come out - when it did I wasn't disappointed. After that I was antsy for 'Two Towers' And that was so excellent I can't even explain. NOW.. The third installment of Lord of the rings - 'The Return of the King'. Peter Jackson is a god. I don't even know how he made such an amazing movie, The fantastic acting, spectacular special effects..What else could he have done?

The most fantastic part of the whole move was when the Rohan Army arrived at Pelennor Fields to Aid the City 'Gondor'. When King 'Theoden' is giving his earth defying speech to his men and then they Charged towards the Orc army - Which far surpassed them in numbers. It brought tears to my eyes at how amazing it was.

The 3 movies of Lord of the Rings are pretty much - Beginning, Middle and End - He did this perfectly. First one, defined all of the characters and the story. The second, showed the suffering the friends went through together and The struggle of men to survive. The third just brought it all together; the final battle for Middle earth. There was absolutely no lose ends in it, he tied them all.

Now if he signs to do 'The Hobbit' I'm sure it is going to be an amazing movie.

this is my review, what do you guys think about the movie?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought that it was a great movie, but it was rediculously long. The last 30 minutes were just annoying. I loved the rest of it though, I give it a 9.5/10.

Best answers
I loved it. I just saw it a few hours ago. One of the greatest movies i've seen in a while. Its honestly hard for me to describe it though i can say that i wish i could have seen more even though it was incredibly long to begin with, and i thought it was gonna end about 6 times before it actually did. Well its awesome thats all i can say now go see it! :D

9.9/10

Best answers
I would give it 9/10. They sorta dragged the ending for a long time though.

Best answers
but...they killed teh "Elefant!" WAA!!!!!!!

First thing, it put the orcs a little bit stronger than they were in the books, mostly orrcs are the cannon fodder while the trolls and easterlings did the real fighting.

Second thing, The Easterlings! where are they???? the easterlings have the worlds strongist millatary force and the only force of evil that can go tow to tow with the warroirs of gondor and win!(remember orcs won because of numbers, men are like four times stronger than orcs, and a bit stronger than uruks too.) and he cut them out! the only "Evil" humans you see are the ones on murmakil! i thought that was out right stupid, in the books the evil men were so wicked that orcs were afrad of them(Thats bad...really.) and becuase men are so much stronger than orcs and even stronger than uruks, that made them scared *Cencored* of the evil men! this is an J.R.R. Tolken fact, the evil men were "Very" evil and there were a lot of them. it makes no sense to cut them out.

Thrid, why did Shelob try to eat frodo and not gollum? in the books it explanes this but the movie seems to have forgot!

but all this stuff will more than likely be in the directers cut, but he had to add one far left point of vew.

fourth, Peter jackman made it seem as if the reason that the Witch King died was becuase "Eowen was a woman!" insted of "Merry has an blade of a race of men whos craft was beyond even the race of dwarves and also that has been blessed by elasar and noldar and sindar through the age's.(In short, a very powerful weapon.)" see what i mean?

Other than these few qurks, TEH MOVIE KICKED ASS! best movie i think i have ever seen! Bravo! Encore!(Hobbit...) Give me the directers cut now!!!! WAHOO!!!!

TEH LIZZARD LICKS PETER JACKMAN!!!!(This is an complament)

TEH SHEEP LICKS PETER JACKMAN(This is also an complament)

I want some BLOOD!!!!!(This is spam :devil: )

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I quite enjoyed the movie. Granted, there was some attention to detail that was left out, but how much longer a movie do you want? A great movie, IMHO, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again. :)

Best answers
so it was dat great? mad im going to the lord of da rings movie marathon eheh i hope its good cause i only seen number one but not all of it hehe ahwell cyas if its good ill reply wid my answears cyas

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was an incredible experience. It was long, but I would sit in a theater for an infinite amount of time to watch anything LotR-related. I absolutely loved the movie, and I will definitely be going to see it again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i saw it... couldnt stay awake though... i went to go see it after i saw this thread... i figured since you all said it was good ill go watch it... but, i fell asleep like 4 times and the movie still didnt end. i missed the ending too... wasted $7.53 on just the movie itself.
(never was a lotr fan)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it was a great movie. Heh, the worst part was having to sit right in the front of the theater. Oh, and yes, the last 25 minutes were buggin. :p They kept going and going.. Blah.. Right when you thought it was over, boom, another scene. :\

Best answers
lmao yer but hey wat can u do but i recomend revtallzed prince u should get da back seats.. n put ur feat on the chair dats infront of u.. dat way! ur head is direct at the screan no big head in front of u so u can see it n u dont have a saw kneck :p any way da movie Was AWSOME! ill see it a second time 2 :p but i was in a marathon ehhe wooo cyas oh n watch da movie peeps WO

Best answers
The movie was the best of all three. Especially the battle on the pelennor fields. The only crit is that the end was boring. It should have ended in the part when Aragorn bow to the four hobbits in minas tirith. sry for my bad english:)
Rating: 9/10

Best answers
The only crit I have isn't for the movie, its to Tolkien himself. And why a mere woman with a rusted sword can slay the Witch King. Tolkien should have had the Anduril (crafted using the shards of Narsil) to slay him. The Narsil was the only sword that could cut through Sauron's armor and should have been the bain of the Witch King as well.
Some things happened rediculously by chance, for example, when Eomer hurled the spear at the man in command of one of the Mumakil (giant elephants) the spear just happened to catch him in the chest, he just happened to fall off and tear through one of the mumakil's ears, and it just happened to get so agitated that it smacked into another mumakil.
As for the Shelob scene, Gollum knew the caves of Mordor more than anyone else, it was no suprise to me that he knew where and how to stay out of her way.
It's a trilogy to be remembered, the movies surpass the Star Wars movies (but not the idea of SW, the movies are simply dumbed down for children).

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When it comes to trilogies, the original Star Wars is 1st and this is now 2nd. This movie was great. My favorite parts were when the orcs were waiting on the docks for their reinforcements to appear and guess who jumps out of the boat. Aragorn, Legalos and Gimli. Who preceeds to say "There's plenty of orcs to go around" and they start counting who kills more. That's classic material!

My other favorite part is when Legalos pwns that giant elephant. The whole theatre was clapping once he slide of his trunk. Then of course Gimli says "You know that only counts as 1 right?" hahahaha. All in all, that movie showed how you are supposed to end a trilogy.

10/10

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
Yeah, it was a great movie. Heh, the worst part was having to sit right in the front of the theater. Oh, and yes, the last 25 minutes were buggin. :p They kept going and going.. Blah.. Right when you thought it was over, boom, another scene. :\
lol, that happened to me last year during Two Towers. Then I went the next day and sat in the second to last row, but a guy who had drank too much Peppermint Shnapps(sp?) threw up all over and I got splattered a little. Pepperminty fresh throw-up is one of the most interesting smells around... This year I was first in line though and went to the very back. Much better experience this year.

I liked it alot. I didn't sit with my friend who complained where the plot deviated from the books. I don't mind it deviating a little bit because I don't like things to be too predictable.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't understand something though, why did Frodo get on the boat as well?

Best answers
aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh spoilers

I went to go see it with the woman on saturday but it was still all sold out...but oh well, i'll be seeing it over the holidays...

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
I didn't understand something though, why did Frodo get on the boat as well?
because they took all the ring barrers with them to Valinor. So thats including Frodo.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I see LotR part 3 on Wednesday(Tomorrow...I can't wait :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom