LotR. BfMe2 + RotW + RJMod: looking for players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey me and LoD are looking for some guys to join us for a match or two in Lord of the Rings: battle for MiddleEarth2 + Raise of the Witch King + RJ-Mod any of you out there. We're playing over Hamashi btw.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Which basically means you don't own the game legit, doesn't it?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
good catch.

thread closed.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
He could legitimately own the game, but the others might not. I really fail to see what's wrong with playing a game on Hamachi.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
He could legitimately own the game, but the others might not. I really fail to see what's wrong with playing a game on Hamachi.
the clue is in your own statement.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How dare u close my post. We're playing over Hamashi, because we want a private session and we can transfer custom files more comfortable, if u had the slightest clue about the game u knew that EA has an encryption algorithm that ****s up your version number as soon as you're trying to crack it etc.

I take this as a personal insult and that way it will be dealt with by me.

*reopened*

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
deal with it how you like. fact is, personal games can be done online, without hamachi. using a crack would stop that happening.

ergo, using hamachi would be the only way for people with a cracked version to play. whether it's you, or your friends. it's something we don't support.

so in other words. bite me.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
deal with it how you like. fact is, personal games can be done online, without hamachi. using a crack would stop that happening.
ok again for u. Try cracking an EA game like bfme2 and play on LAN and you'll see that it ain't working that way, not even over Hamashi. That's because if u crack it the checksum for the version number doesn't match anymore and since you'll have a ****ed up version number you can't join any games at all.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, lets not bicker so much, eh? Hamachi is a legit program with more than just illegit functionality (IE allowing someone from the net to join in on a lan game). Raven's also supported his point well enough.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven, Lee's whole point is that we don't support cracked software. Meaning we don't organize game sessions if the person possibly has an illegitimate copy of the game. Just don't crack it and then you don't need Hamachi (it's not called Hamashi). Therefore, this thread would be ok too.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And Ravens point was that you cant join even LAN games with a cracked version of that game due to some algoritm EA put in.

Going by that you need a legit version even for a simple LAN game.

Im preety sure he knows the rules.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Right. Exactly. You need a legit version. If he were using a legit version, he wouldn't have that problem. Understand now?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Right. Exactly. You need a legit version. If he were using a legit version, he wouldn't have that problem. Understand now?
not quite. First off I have a legit version, check my previous posts for the pic. Second off Grega is absolutely right. If it's cracked you cannot play it in multiplayer, not on LAN, not on Hamachi and not over Internet. Next off I don't have a problem here. I'm simply using Hamachi because it's faster to find you're mates, because we can join together in a LAN and let player over the internet join as well, becasue we can transfer custom maps faster and becasue we're better off ping-wise, since LoD is playing at my place and if u have a couple of thousand units running over the battlefield every bit of ping can reduce it good for the game. Anyways this doesn't need to be discussed any further. I made my points clear enough and even Karrde approved it.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This is more stupid than warning people for Rick Rolling.....
Why would we care in his friends MIGHT have cracked games? If so, you should close all threads that have pictures from a multiplayer game, maybe someone in the screen is using cracks to play......

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven said:
If it's cracked you cannot play it in multiplayer, not on LAN, not on Hamachi and not over Internet.
Why did you even bother to say that if you're using a legit version? If that's true, then that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

But alright.

@ Viper - I don't really care, I just find it annoying.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why did you even bother to say that if you're using a legit version?
Because Onslaught closed the thread thinking he was playing a cracked version of the game.

Everybody just needs to chill. While Hamachi COULD be used for illegal games, it's not. Hamachi is perfectly legal, and there is nothing wrong with it.

If Raven says you can't join LAN games with a cracked version (which is true) then that proves that both of them have a legal version.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I just read his post again. Oh well, I misunderstood.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well after all this dicsussion we might as well close this thread. Don't think anyone want's to reply here, because they probably don't wanna get questioned about whether or not they're using a legit version.

*closed for good* :lock:

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
well after all this dicsussion we might as well close this thread. Don't think anyone want's to reply here, because they probably don't wanna get questioned about whether or not they're using a legit version.

*closed for good* :lock:
Truly, you might as well create a new fresh thread. You got your reasonings and you shown as well you own a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom