Lost another one: Devil May Cry 4 goes to PC and 360

Best answers
Well I thought I would break the news. Capcom just announced that DMC4 is coming to PC and 360 aswell as the PS3, even though they pinky swore promised it would be a PS3 exclusive. Im sure people at Sony are screaming right now. Microsoft paid Capcom, needless to say, millions, and the got what they want.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/news/html/070320.html

Translated:

Capcom?s "Devil May Cry 4" Goes Multiplatform! Mega-hit Title set for PLAYSTATION? 3, Xbox 360? and PC!

Capcom Co., Ltd., a world-wide leader in the gaming industry, is proud to announce the development of "Devil May Cry 4" for the PLAYSTATION?3, Xbox 360? and PC platforms.

"Devil May Cry" is a series of popular, stylish action games, with a cast of unforgettable characters. Since the release of the original "Devil May Cry" in 2001, the series has shipped 6,800,000 copies as of December 31st, 2006, proudly making it one of Capcom's flagship titles. The series appeal is not limited to games; an animated TV series to be broadcast on Japan's WOWOW network is slated to air Spring 2007. The latest iteration, "Devil May Cry 4" will take advantage of each platform's hardware strengths to achieve the most stunning visuals in the series to date, and the introduction of a mysterious new protagonist will keep the action fast and fresh. Even before its release, "Devil May Cry 4" has been met with tremendous anticipation, as fans patiently endured long lines at TOKYO GAME SHOW 2006 for the chance to play the demo. "Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION?3 and Xbox 360? platforms.

Capcom was among the first software developers in the world to make games for the next-generation consoles, and those efforts have been met with great success. In addition, Capcom's use of an integrated development environment is one of the many methods being employed to improve efficiency and help take advantage of the cutting-edge functionality in next-generation systems.

Capcom will continue to produce titles that appeal to users while pursuing a multiplatform strategy to help enhance profits.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158088

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, saves me from having to buy a PS3. GG, Capcom!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, lets put it this way, you can sell 15 copies for every PS3 you sold per continent, or you can sell it for the million+ installed Xbox 360s or the countless PCs with the right specs to run it.

Smart business decision if you ask me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to sound fanboyish, but it coming to PC isn't a big deal, DMC3 on the PC's biggest crit was that it was a console game at heart, it isn't designed for a keyboard and/or mouse, the controls were poor and the game suffered as a result.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition PC (Gamespot Review) said:
The Good: Responsive, fluid, well-designed combat system makes for great action; two different playable characters, one of which is unlockable; budget price.

The Bad: Visuals look rough and aren't optimized well for the PC; you absolutely need a gamepad, and the game doesn't autodetect them perfectly; limited save system plus numerous other awkward holdovers from the consoles.
The Good applies to the console version, but The Bad is PC only.

Best answers
nice to hear! but...

as long as the enemies are still brainless cannonfodder i wont get this game on any system....

it was capcoms biggest mistake in dmc3 ,otherwise it could have been a big challenge to ninja gaiden.

and as far iv seen in gameplay footages the enemies are still morons and no real challenge.
why is capcom only pimpin the main cast ? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
capcoms been in the business for a long time. i think they know what they are doing bud.

and no dmc's to date are a challenge to ninja gaiden.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, PS3 is losing a lot of exclusives. Ace Combat 6 was just announced to be 360 only

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ps3 has been losing exlusives.

fatal inertia, gta 4, assassins creed,

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ace Combat 6 was just announced to be 360 only
AWWWW!

If I did not just get news I would be getting a PS3 shipped to me, this would be great. But yeesh it's a bit dissapointing. It's kinda like when you and your friends always went to the same secret spot for summer, and then a bunch of strangers come barging in (especially PC).

Good marketing move, since not a lot of people will have PS3 compared to those with 360 and PC, but damn...X-Box and PC? They...They just don't know how to treat a woman like DMC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys know the Xbox controllers can plug into PCs, right...?

360wned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom