loosing sound when esf/half-life Minimizes

Best answers
Hi, sometimes when im playing ESF half-life minimizes because someone messages me or some other reason, anyways. whenever i restore half-life, the sound is gone. I was wondering if there is anyway to restore the sound without quitting the game you are in or restarting half-life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
task manager (ctrl - alt -del) click half life, *switch to* *bring to front* depends what OS u have as to what it will say.

Best answers
Pain said:
task manager (ctrl - alt -del) click half life, *switch to* *bring to front* depends what OS u have as to what it will say.
I dont understand what u mean, i have windows me, whenever i press CTRL+ALT+DEL i get End task, Shutdown, and Cancel

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have found that if you press Esc, then Resume Game, the sound often returns.
Also, if you know you're going to have to minimize, press Esc first, then minimize. That way, when you Resume Game, the sound will still be there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Allright here's waht to do step by step

#1 Hit Ctr+Alt+Delete
#2 make sure that it is on the Applications tab
#3 At The bottom left in between End task and New Task, there should be a button labled Switch to
#4 Highlight Hl/CS/ESF and click on switch to, doesnt always work, but it does about 80% of the time

*edit*
Sorry, that's for XP, if you're using ME, i dont think you can get sound back but here's another solution

Find the server you want to join write down it's ip (can be found in server info)
Go to the console and type "Connect >insert IP here<" If it's locked and you know the password you have to type "password >insert password here<" before you type connect.

Best answers
heres something that helped me u can disable the windows logo key so that half life doesn't minimize (dunno if this is your prob but can help) just go to www.google.com and search for "I hate this key" and get that program, i love it so give it a shot if this is a problem for u

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is no way to fix this problem

its part of hl now valve said its possible they might fix this in the next patch but its unlikely that they will

Best answers
That helped me too... I never knew a way besides closing the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually if you connect to a game through console when it minimizes you wont lose sound.

Best answers
Goten-son said:
heres something that helped me u can disable the windows logo key so that half life doesn't minimize (dunno if this is your prob but can help) just go to www.google.com and search for "I hate this key" and get that program, i love it so give it a shot if this is a problem for u
lol Goten-son, simple yet effective way of finding a solution for that =)
thank you, that damn key had been annoying the crap out of me

Best answers
:shocked: You mean none of you know how to regain the sound??? I'm not braging. I'm just surprised that none of you guys know.. But there are 3 options. First off heres a legend.
ctrl=control
esc=escape
alt=alternative

(#1) Problem-You were talking to someone and subconsciuosly hit the mute button.
Solution-Hit the mute button.
(#2) Problem-Ads minamized your game.
Solution-Hold ctrl and click esc.
(#3) Problem-You minamized your window to do something else.
Solution-Hold alt and click tab.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, there are more than 4 solutions above your post, so i don't know where you got the conclusion that no one knows how to. You should read the posts before you reply.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
heh, there are more than 4 solutions above your post, so i don't know where you got the conclusion that no one knows how to.
Well I guess I shoulda been more specific and I apologize for it. I meant noone knows the ctrl and esc one. Its very reliable in usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom