Loosing Eyesight...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, my gaming days have caught up to me and my 20/20 vision is getting worse.

The thing is, only my right eye is getting worse.

If I close my right eye and see through my left, everything is perfectly clear/sharp etc.

If I close my left eye and see through my right, everything is hella blurry (stuff far away)

is this normal/would I need special glasses/wear only 1 contact?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eyes loose eh? Well maybe you should tighten them. Or go see an optometrist. =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I do have to wear one contact, i'd totally get a green contact (i have blue eyes :D)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your vision in that eye is blurry, but is it also cloudy?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, my gaming days have caught up to me and my 20/20 vision is getting worse.

The thing is, only my right eye is getting worse.

If I close my right eye and see through my left, everything is perfectly clear/sharp etc.

If I close my left eye and see through my right, everything is hella blurry (stuff far away)

is this normal/would I need special glasses/wear only 1 contact?
Loosing strength in my left eye. I have near sided vision (same as your right eye) due to constant computer use / gaming. It sucks. Just get [prescription] glasses or contacts.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Loosing strength in my left eye. I have near sided vision (same as your right eye) due to constant computer use / gaming. It sucks. Just get [prescription] glasses or contacts.

Meh i personally ware sun glasses while sitting in front of the PC. Its not the best protection but it seems to work.

Oh well you should go see an eye doctor and have those vision tools of yours rechecked :]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There isn't any proof that constant computer use and gaming or watching tv will destroy your vision. It'll strain your eyes, but for the most part, any problems you have with your eyes are genetic (nearsightedness and farsightedness included).

That's what an ophthalmologist I've gone to once or twice said (I had uvieitis).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There isn't any proof that constant computer use and gaming or watching tv will destroy your vision. It'll strain your eyes, but for the most part, any problems you have with your eyes are genetic (nearsightedness and farsightedness included).

That's what an ophthalmologist I've gone to once or twice said (I had uvieitis).

Actually there is proof. Only its not what people would expect. the thing is that blinking with eyes keeps them damp. But if looking at something people dont blink as often and the eyes start to dry up. Thats what is the cause of TV/PCscreen related eye problems. Well that is if the doc on the radio show a few weeks back is to be believed.

So it isnt the screen itself rather than the koncentrating on watching it without blinking.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't destroying your eyesight. Yeah, you're eyesight may suffer a bit, but it'll return to it's normal state once they're properly hydrated. Like I said, all it does is strain your eyes.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't destroying your eyesight. Yeah, you're eyesight may suffer a bit, but it'll return to it's normal state once they're properly hydrated. Like I said, all it does is strain your eyes.
True but constant strain could lead to problems. Same with all other parts of your boddy ^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still no proof that prolonged use of television or computers will permanently damage your eyesight -_o.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still no proof that prolonged use of television or computers will permanently damage your eyesight -_o.
Well that kinda depends on how your body handles stress. Some damage from stress can be permanent while other people get back to normall from the same thing ^^

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'd type what you could to here to make your vision better but you would never get to read it so it's useless.

Best answers
Kama and I have lost some of our vision too :(

I got glasses once but they cramped my styzzle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, you guys are old xD. I've been using a PC since I was 3 years old and I see fine, actually I see better than some of my friends that don't even have a PC (sad I know). Does that mean that when I reach your age my eyes will fall apart? :laff:

Best answers
sounds like your having farsight issues. I can't see stuff far away either, and I've been like that since 5. if you get glasses, or contacts they will most likely fix your problem.

Best answers
Meh, you guys are old xD. I've been using a PC since I was 3 years old and I see fine, actually I see better than some of my friends that don't even have a PC (sad I know). Does that mean that when I reach your age my eyes will fall apart? :laff:
When you reach 19? Rofl yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom