Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some nice RPG games like Diablo. Anyone could recommend me some? A whole list would be awesome.

Best answers
Hmm, if you want something like Diablo i can recommend Dungeon Siege and Dungeon siege 2. They are very similar with Diablo and you can play it online with friends too.
Or you could always grab Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion for PC if you have a good gaming computer.
And then theres always Neverwinter nights 1 & 2, even though i hear lot of people hate it while others love it. I personally aint big fan of the first one and i havent played the second.

Thats all that comes on my mind at the moment...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hear Dreamfall is pretty slick, too.

Also, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sacred

Nox (hard to find)
2 of the best I ever played.
I hear Dreamfall is pretty slick, too.
Yea trust me it is.But it doesn't come near to diablo, if anything then it comes near to broken sword.

I do remeber one that was almost the same as diablo and it was frikin' awesome!
I remeber that you could buy a dog (alot of types) and have as your companion, then rage through the land kiling enemy's just like in diablo, I think you could have colored your armor too but not too shure about this one.
It may have had the word shadow in it's name.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Knights of the Old Republic is win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Knights of the Old Republic is win.
Agreed. Although the original is far better than the sequel IMO. Dungeon Siege 2 is also awesome, especially when you play it online with your friends. It's like playing Dungeons and Dragons.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines

or World of Warcraft :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nox is awesome, though i doubt that anybody plays it any more..
KOTOR is also good, so you should try that.

Why not just stick with Diablo? Both of them are the best and will be of this genre..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not just stick with Diablo? Both of them are the best and will be of this genre..
Diablo and Diablo II were good, but not the best. Not by a longshot. Especially not the first one.

KOTOR is far better, in my opinion.

You could also try Final Fantasy VII if you've never played it. It was released for the PC a long time ago I think. I remember obtaining a copy and playing it.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablo and Diablo II were good, but not the best. Not by a longshot. Especially not the first one.

KOTOR is far better, in my opinion.

You could also try Final Fantasy VII if you've never played it. It was released for the PC a long time ago I think. I remember obtaining a copy and playing it.
like spunky said, Kotor I,II (Knights Of The Old Republic) and Final Fantasy are some very good games! :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also You should look up for Baldur's Gate, Disciples II, Titan Quest.

There were 2-3 more, but i can't remember the names.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dungeons and Dragons settings:
Baldurs gate
Baldurs gate 2
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter nights 2 (expect to need a GOOD machine...)
Dungeons and Dragons Online - good game, but where the other titles are set in the forgotten realms. DDO is set in Ebberon, which is vastly different.

FFVII and VIII were released on the pc, but in order to make the most of them you should visit http://qhiimm.com and look at a lot of the fan made patches (like the ones wich enable resolutions above 640*480, along with anti-aliasing etc... and some patches allow you to swap out the old midi tracks with mp3s. i swapped to the Black Mages recordings of most of the battle tracks and stuff, and threw in the AC version of "a one winged angel")

Knights of the old republic, is probably one of the best RPGs of the last 20 years, PERIOD. it's getting a little dated now, and i'm looking forward to a third installment (it's been announced, but there's no info..) the sequal wasn't as strong, it was very rushed, and there's a lot of cut content, but for the most part the series kicks major ass. it loosely uses the neverwinter nights engine and leveling system.

Gothic, as a series, completely owns. it's VERY open in terms of not having to have a set order to do things, you don't really have to side with anyone if you don't want to, and just generally tends to look great. the third game came out extremely strong in my opinion, and was better than Oblivion in the storyline department.

Elder scrolls was a good series too, but i always thought they pushed too hard on looks, and not enough on story and gameplay. check out the animations in oblivion, they make part of me die inside every time i play it...

too bored to write more, i'm off to own some sand people in KOTOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom