looking for new mmorpggames (preferably free)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
k well, unless joymax's recent bot ban actually does any good im going to be needing another new MMO to play, silkroad is literally 95% bots on my server, and i dont know if i have it in me to start over on a new one.

ive tried rappelz and 2moons, neither of which really showed any promise.

the trade runs in silkroad are what drew me in, though a walk from one town to another sounds boring, with 2 or more players it can be quite fun. so i need one that has similar group activities, yet isnt half full of bots already =/.

anyone got any ideas?

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Conquer* Online is okay, till you realize how annoying the archer farmers make leveling possible.

As far as 9Dragons, Lionheart and me are starting new characters on it.

You can try Cabal Online too... but, the game is dictated by premium packages.

I kind of want to reinstall Exteel and see how much they've updated, myself.

A thief in 9Dragons for now I suppose.

MC

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Zu Online - This is one of the best MMORPG I've played so far. Leveling is easily and mostly done through completing quests. There's always quests available that you can take on. Grinding isn't as emphasized as in most MMORPGs, though there are quests that require you to kill x amount of x mob. The art style is anime-ish, but really unique.

As for the downsides:

1. Limited character customization options.
2. A lot of running around.
3. Having to deal with players from other factions attacking you or raiding your hometown.

There's probably more for both the plus and negatives but that's all I can recall right now.

Edit

As with Lionheart and Synth; 9Dragons.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems kind of childish looking, but I play Dofus. For a game made in Flash it's got great graphics. There are a lot of classes/races to choose from (although the only customization is colors). Plus there's a pretty good group of people playing it. Also it's free to a certain extent, but getting a subscription isn't costly at all. About 7 USD for a month, 38 USD for 6 months. You can get other plans but those are the only prices I remember.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Half of SRO will move to Aion when it comes out so I'm more looking forward to that heh, what server do you play on Nuttz? I just realize the only game I really play is SRO. Rappelz, 2moons, Hero Online, and Perfect World are kinda boring. :eek:

btw, this is what ruins sro :eek:

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
alps, even have my own level 5 guild there that i cant manage because of server traffic =/

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess I could try SRO again... 9Dragons might get boring quick.

They should let people PK the bots.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
hell id keep a character in murder status if thats all it took, but it takes all of 5 minutes for the bot to get right back to where it was, meanwhile youd probly be being chased down by trigger-happy assclowns just trying to score a free kill on a murderer.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow... I've tried like 10 times to log into one server.

You think they'd make more servers if all of them are that crowded.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
thats what they do, instead of properly managing the servers they do have, they just create a new one to fill up with bots within hours.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get why the game has to close when I get blocked from joining a server either.

After looking at Aion Online, I'm completely impressed.

All I know is all the the good F2P games are Korean-only. (IP blockage)

I swear there is some huge self-sufficient server in China or Malaysia that creates bots with it's artificial intelligence.

Hello. This is Silkroad Online.

Silkroad Online has prepared a massive bot punishment in order to satisfy the request of our users.
Please understand that this preparation has took a long time because we have increased the accuracy of blocking massive number of bots without harming good intentioned players.

We will proceed the punishment as soon as the preparation is complete.
In order to promote clean gaming environment, we ask our users not to use bots, as using bots will block the user's account permanently.

We will announce further information regarding the date of punishment when it's ready.

Thank you.
They clearly need Sarah Connor at this point.
-

I hope they don't do something like Codemasters did with RFO/Archlord and block accounts they think have fake information, thus banning a majority of people by accident.

I also forgot to mention RF Online and Archlord, which aren't bad games either.

Mr. Preacher
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cabal Online is fun and yes getting a premium package for $20 improves the game even more but for $20 you get a buttload of cool stuff such as, town warps, increase to XP and Skill XP, more inv room and storage, better crafting and upgrading chances(Don't know if this is true cause my damn Double Slotted Osmium Battlesuit has failed 7x to get an HP +50 slot in it FFS costing me exactly 12.5M all together and losing my catalyst you need to make sure the slotted item gets that certain skill for that slot!!!!!)

Once the servers go back online I'll update this post with a cool screenshot of my character and post a video once I hit Completer skill rank in my sword!

Right now I'm 105 Force blader G.Master(Sword)/A.Master(Magic) playing on the venus server and usually in channel 5-6.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I find that Conquer is entertaining all in all. It's simple, got decent graphics, and is enjoyable. What the others said about archers isn't exactly the truth, because even though high level archers do tend to slaughter areas, there are relatively few of them. Archers have an incredibly hard time levelling up when they reach high levels (not to mention they aren't the best in PvP, Trojans being the preferable class for this).

I could also recommend Conquer for its great reincarnation system. When you reincarnate your character (completing a quest after level 120 (110 for one class)), you can reposition your attributes, as well as gain abilities from your old class/new abilities from the new one, or from the combination of two. Not to mention that when you find English-speaking players, they tend to be pretty damned cool, helping you out with stuff.

I'd recommend 9D, but it gets really boring really fast when you realise nothing really ever changes, and that certain "clans" have immense advantages over the others.

Cabal (as I've mentioned before) gets really boring really fast unless you pay. If you pay, it'll probably be a good experience, as you'll end up killing everyone who hasn't paid, but the quest system is homosexual to the extent that my chain of thought went something like this: "Screw it, time for Solitaire."

Good things about Cabal are the combat system (combo system, meaning you got to have some skill to make long powerful combos), and the duelling system.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now on steam you get a free 3 week trial of EVE, pretty much the best MMORPG ever made.

MC

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd recommend 9D, but it gets really boring really fast when you realise nothing really ever changes, and that certain "clans" have immense advantages over the others.
Not to mention when it gets to a point where killing a single mob monster gains you .01% experience points.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think EVE is an MMORPG in the terms one would usually portray an MMORPG. EVE is a space mmo, where everything takes eons to accomplish. I guarantee you, unless you want to pay for it, it is a waste of your time. It is however a good game - one I might have paid for if I had a creditcard.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention when it gets to a point where killing a single mob monster gains you .01% experience points.
heh, i got to level 67 on silkroad WITHOUT a premium ticket, I know that feeling all too well.

and about the silkroad bot ban, they do indeed ban alot of them, the problem is every time they do a mass bot ban they just ban the obvious goldbots "ABCDEFG, jhgfwef,122345," etc, they usually just ignore the the actual player bots, popular opinion is that joymax doesnt ban anyone for anything so long as you purchase premium items.

joymax (whenever they can get a word in through the people griping about them) denies this, that they play favorites with paying vs non-paying bots, but there have been guilds on alps that have openly botted since november of 2 years ago and they are still around, still botting, they don't hesitate to even go so far as to admit they have been botting via global messages, and yet joymax does nothing.

unless by some freak accident they actually do start banning properly, silkroad is prettymuch inaccessible to new players,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom