looking for an old reference image by skiwan

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
im looking for an old old reference image skiwan drew up for me awhile back, white BG, red line art of a naruto themed girl. Im fairly sure i posted it here a good while back, but the thread in which i posted it in just disappeared one day (wasn't deleted either, just poof,... gone, no redirect left) else i wouldve pmed skiwan himself.

its the one scene in this screengrab

yes it sucks, but it is not what this thread is about.

i had to reformat my pc unexpectedly due to a a hardware hiccup, and didn't have the opportunity to back up any of my 3d related files =(, lost years worth of 3d doodles but no matter. I just recently got my copy of max 8 re-installed (about 3 months since id even used it and i have no idea what im doing lol) but im wanting to go back and at least try this character again.

but err, yeah. my copy of it was lost in the reformat and digging around in my photobucket only yielded the above shot.

if anyone remembers me posting it, or even has it somehow can you post it here?

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really know how much this helps you, but i got a little bored and...

MC

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah, I spent thirty minutes searching the forums but to no avail. If the reference was posted a while ago, then there's a good chance it was uploaded to one of Davidskiwans old image hosting accounts, all of which appear to have been deleted. You're probably better off sending him a PM unless by some chance someone had the reference you're looking for.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well, thanks for the effort i suppose, the character was of my own design.

i remember the jist of how she was supposed to look, but skiwan took his own little spin on it, i forget exactly how he did the belt and such.

and thats the thing MC the thread it was posted in (along with many other reference images) was in a thread in this section that completely vanished.
nobody knew what happened to it, even the section mods, if it was deleted,we would've seen a message stating so =/.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
doesn't he have a photobucket account somewhere with ALL his pics on it? just find one he posted, like anywhere, and get the link to his photobucket page.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
he did yes, and it used to be there.

but he got rid of the reference folder it was stored in some time ago (i think), that was the first place i looked

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry nuttz.. Can't find it.

PS, Did you check your PM's?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
oops yeah, forgot about that.

not 100% sure if the sections is active enough just yet to warrant another contest,

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
contest? esf forums contest?

guy's stop jokin, this modeling sections is almost dead as mapping and artwork section.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
May be, but the ones that are still here are decent at modeling. Which makes a good contest (If they enter).

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
k well, unless skiwan happens to find this thread and still has it i guess im just gonna wing it from here on.

i went almost 3 months without so much as opening max or photoshop. my sense of proportion is way off, and my technique is pretty much nonexistent so ive tried my best to at least make it look presentable.

this was built around a biped to keep proprtions correct, but the legs and torso looked freakishly long, so ive since abandoned that setup and have been doing everything by hand. There are a few things which i know look wrong, like the scale of the head, the small feet, big hands etc. but past attempts to fix said issues made it look even worse =/, so ive kinda just been working on it in short bursts, perhaps ill be in a different mindset the next time ya know, might see it differently.

she is supposed to have a belt as well, but i remember it had a weird placement on her waist, and i cant really remember how it was =/

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well, it looks pretty lowpoly nutz, though not sure how good a Face texture can come out on this one since its preetty much like a plane.

On the other hand it matches all over with the rest. Looks good, though maybe try to get abit over with the polycount ;)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
wait, nuttzy is modeling again?

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

i need to tell magus, like.... ten minutes ago >_<

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno why nuttz, but your models really have a nice feel to them.
Thighs may be a bit too long but good stuff!

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
its essentially the same head i used for my old naruto chick model, slightly edited to fit a different neck tho.

it textures alright, but im not sure how much the scaling will effect the up close shots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom