Looking for a punching dummy

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, I want a punching dummy. (not punching bag) I want a dummy since I want to train my punches and I don't want the resistance of the bag. I am looking for something in the style of if I hook punch the dummy's head then it rotates like a normal human neck and head would.

Something in the style of simulation, I want it to feel real.

edit: I also need it stable so it won't fall or rotate so easily because I intend to throw power on the dummy, not just jabs.

So any tips on any good ones but in a decent price out there? (like 50$)

Last edited:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The closest thing that I know of to a "punching dummy" is a grappling dummy. However, as the name implies, it's designed for grappling and wrestling.

There's also this:

http://www.centurymartialarts.com/Boxing/Training_Bags/BOB_XLR.aspx

But, if money is an issue, then you're better off buying a free-standing bag, a heavy bag (100 lbs. and below) or just make one yourself.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CyIHzCsbA_w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CyIHzCsbA_w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yeah.. wierd

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that robot baby thing is just wrong....one step closer to taking over the world these robots are, but ya that would definetly be an option if you would like a punching dummy.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Cypeq, you are very well familiar with the rules, thus I'm giving you a warning for this. Please don't post such things again.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Cypeq, you are very well familiar with the rules, thus I'm giving you a warning for this. Please don't post such things again.
Out of curiosity, may I know what rule he broke (I didn't made it in time to read his post)

Best answers
Well, I want a punching dummy. (not punching bag) I want a dummy since I want to train my punches and I don't want the resistance of the bag. I am looking for something in the style of if I hook punch the dummy's head then it rotates like a normal human neck and head would.

Something in the style of simulation, I want it to feel real.

edit: I also need it stable so it won't fall or rotate so easily because I intend to throw power on the dummy, not just jabs.

So any tips on any good ones but in a decent price out there? (like 50$)
You want all that for 50 bucks? hahaha good luck.

Stick with a normal 120 pound bag, that's what I'm doing. What are you trying to do, get into MMA?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah I found later on the redicilous cost of those dummies.

I got bags where I train, and I don't like it much, it doesn't feel real, at least in arm techniques

Best answers
Yeah I found later on the redicilous cost of those dummies.

I got bags where I train, and I don't like it much, it doesn't feel real, at least in arm techniques
Yeah, but what exactly are you trying to do? Submissive moves? Just increasing your punching power and proficiency? Full-blown MMA?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I want to practice my boxing techniques, that is why i dont want to feel the resistance of the bags, but more like the head rotates with the punch(in a hook for example) that I can get with a boxing dummy.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you think a heavy bag is for? Developing striking power and technique. Striking power is the result of the resistance of the heavy bag. Technique is the result of not wanting to break your hands/wrists/ankles/feet/etcetera when striking it.

Of course, there's always hard-contact sparring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom