Looking at Tablets...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been thinking about buying a tablet (when I get the money) since I'm always messing around in Photoshop. I was wondering if it's any better than using the mouse. I usually have a tough time keeping my hand steady when doing brush work in Photoshop, so maybe using a tablet might help. Also, can anyone recommend me a good tablet?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I first thought you meant a notebook, a laptop.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if you are going to get one, get one from WACOM.
I have a 6X8 Platinum and spent over a half a grand for it, about 3-4 years ago.
Still works like the day I bought it, even though ever since I picked up my WoW addiction I haven't really used it much lately..

Get one you think you'll enjoy the most, by that I mean what size..
With this 6x8 I feel that I can only draw on a canvas 1024x768 and no larger (I prefer 480-640), I know I -can- but I just cant seem to draw high resolution stuff.

Do you like to make large pen strokes as you sketch? Do you prefer smaller ones?
Since you'll be usually just using the tablet for brushes in PS, try and get an older model like an intous2 (Which I have) for a cheaper price.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wacom definitely. I've had my 6x8 Graphire 3 for about 3 years now, and its been awesome.

I don't think it really matters if you get a Graphire or Intuos. The main difference in the versions is the amount of pressure level available (512 for Graphire, 1024 for Intous), which shouldn't make that much of a difference. I use my school's Intous' and I really can't tell.

And the Cintiq owns all. If you have the means, I highly recommended getting it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard nothing but good things about WACOM, so I'm definitely going to check out their tablets. Thanks for the replies everyone, I really appreciate it.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you aren't good at sketching by hand, work on that first before getting a tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom