Long-Term Power -Level

Best answers
Maybe it's just me, but I think there should be a long-term power-level section, to this mod. Like in counter-strike warcraft 3 mod you can store your experience on the server, and come back later, and still have your experience! Obviously, it would have to take longer to get a bigger power level, but it could make a sort of rpg ESF. This would be useful if you wanted to have a large fight, and needed to do it over a long period of time.

Best answers
your talkign about a large online roleplaying server?

wow that is a ver good idea but i cant imagine the ESF team spending all that time on it... i dont know i it can be done if it could mabey its more fan based than the esf teams job?

Best answers
I'd say this would be a good idea, except that it takes some people as little as an hour to get perfect transformation. It would be a good idea, if there was some motivation to it. that would mean
a) slower power gorwth (which people will ***** about, always)
or
b) more transformations.
So I don't think it will be useful until later esf versions.

Best answers
This has been suggested a hundred times if it's been suggested once. I don't think it's very useful.. or even needed.

For one thing, after awile it would get kind of ridiculous.... Can you imagine a 900,000,000 (not inlcluding turbo) firing a fully charged deathball on esf_namek?? You can say bye-bye to fun.

Also, this game is fairly fast paced, and you're suppost to fight for power from the beginning to the end, along with the other players... I mean, this isn't suppost to be an RPG, it's suppost to be similar to a fighting game.

Take the game Jedi Outcast for instance: you can pick up guns, ammo, bacta, have 125 shields, and get a score of 24, and it was struggle to do so.... Does that mean you should carry it into the next server you jump into?? I think not.

That's a loose example, but it's got the same point.

Best answers
My suggestion is:when have more transformations,then will be done that. :D

The ruler of planet...hmmm,don't know...

edit:::

ahmmm,hey guys,how to post your own avatar and sig???(and how to put some other than "Registered user")

Best answers
1. the idea is Great...
2. Transformings shoul requied Alot higer PL... and PL shoud raise Slower... same shoul attacks... ect. Every one start with 1k (PL) and then at 10k (PL) you learn energy beam... 25k (pl) Zanzoken 50K (pl) Kamehameha (goku , Gohan , krillin... only) 100k (PL) 1.Transforming
3. better server (maybe) requied if it shall save thad much infomation...!
4. Game would Be Almost like DBZeta.... :D (Great) :D
5. i don´t think the Team will make thad put THAD much work in the game...! if thay will..... are thay Cool :D

Best answers
but what about the people who are new on the server? they start with 1k and they're fighting people who have about 10k.....:rolleyes:

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a fairly cool idea. But I agree the required transformation PL's would have to be much higher, and take much longer to reach.

So it seems a little futile. I think ESF is/will be stable enough so we can all reach the higher transformations in a single game.

Best answers
Well iunno... like i suggested a looong time ago to solve the "Server Full Of Vegetas" was to add a "RealTime" play mode where there was only allowed 1 of each character.

I think this could be solved simply by just adding some sort of command to ssj levels... like... the server hosts sets the command and then a level of "1,2,3,4,5" to choose the PL you can transform at. Like "cl_transform 1" would mean default transformation PLs... "2" would mean +(x) amount of PL added to requirements needed to transform. The higher the number out of 5 the longer it would take o_O

Best answers
ill tell you why its a bad idea ( and a good one at that) if a player were to go a saiyan and i have done this offline. he could just walk away from his comp and leave his saiyan to gain more pl after each death!

Best answers
Sounds cool,but it wont take long for people to have blasts that are strong enought to kill everyone on the map, now where is the fun in that?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this is ever done, it is extremely doubtful the ESF team will have done it, it will be a fan-based thing, like Magmus said.
The whole idea just doesn't seem very practical to me.
Sure, it would be fun if you have reached an immense PL after fighting for a long time, and kept blasting everyone to bits.
But it wouldn't too be too much fun for you if the tables were turned.

Best answers
I mean, because of server crashes and map changes, its almost impossible to reach perfect transformation. I did it today and it took me 2 hours, then i had to leave. It would be good if you could join later to still be as powerful as when you left. And if everyone is worried about a 1k pl person up against a 100kk pl person, then maybe there could be some kind of protection, like you are unable to damage people with half your pl, and they are unable to damage you. And actually, the idea is fairly simple, coding-wise. In many programming and scripting languages, you can store information on a cookie, on the users computer, such as date accessed, sites they visited, answers to polls on the website. You only need to store the information on the HOST'S computer, not the clients, and voila, you have a long-term server!

An alternative to this could be a pl starting modifier (already suggested) like start with 15kk pl instead of 1.5kk pl as buu, but need to reach higher pl to transform. I know it has already been suggested, but I'm putting it in context for people who want to have high pl battles early in the game!

And it seems to be a catch-phrase around here, but thats just my 2 cents ;)

Best answers
Archevil said:
Maybe it's just me, but I think there should be a long-term power-level section, to this mod. Like in counter-strike warcraft 3 mod you can store your experience on the server, and come back later, and still have your experience! Obviously, it would have to take longer to get a bigger power level, but it could make a sort of rpg ESF. This would be useful if you wanted to have a large fight, and needed to do it over a long period of time.
i really think it's a good idea, but it's an idea for an esf mod, not for esf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom