lol wtf

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I love what The Register said about those Dell boxen - the flames on the case are probably there in homage to the Intel CPU lol~

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's just overkill . . . you'd need to finance that rig with colateral, like the wife's jewels.

Not to mention the fact that you'd need a 1000 watt PSU to run it :d

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, there's a market for 'top of the line' hardware, no matter how ridiculously expensive or unecessary it may be. It does say that they'll be for HD, I guess HD uses up a lot more resources?

HD + 2560x1600 + 32x AA/AF + Decent Framerate = Winnar...and a huge electricity bill.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
That's just overkill . . . you'd need to finance that rig with colateral, like the wife's jewels.

Not to mention the fact that you'd need a 1000 watt PSU to run it :d
Like Cuc said, piss on that. What a waste of money.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iv'e known about this for a while now. But hell, everyone knows AMD chips have a technical advantage over Intel chips, and rumours of dell using amd chips have been going around for some time. Though I wouldn't mind seeing some benchies for this setup, & probably try to get my hands on one. /me goes and buys some lotto tickets.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Hey, there's a market for 'top of the line' hardware, no matter how ridiculously expensive or unecessary it may be. It does say that they'll be for HD, I guess HD uses up a lot more resources?

HD + 2560x1600 + 32x AA/AF + Decent Framerate = Winnar...and a huge electricity bill.
HD is basically higher resolution, so it's redundant to put it in with + 2560x1600.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sort of thought that in the back of my mind but I wasn't really sure, everyone seems to kick up a fuss about 'HD', when resolution increases happen regularly. At what dimensions do resolutions qualify as 'HD'?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
High-definition television (HDTV) resolution is 1080 or 720 lines. In contrast, regular digital television is 480 lines (NTSC-like) or 576 lines (PAL/SECAM-like). Current DVD quality is not high-definition, though high-definition disc systems like HD-DVD and Blu-ray are expected to be released in 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

Unlimited source of information =).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks, Smith, very informative.

Also gleaned this from a link which made me laugh;

Wikipedia: Ultra-High Definition said:
18 minutes of UHDV consumes 3.5 terabytes of data.

Preliminary response of the UHDV was somewhat negative. This was not because of the lack of the promised technology, but more in the fact that it was too good. Some viewers got motion sickness when viewing the video image because the image was so close to reality.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wikipedia said:
18 minutes of UHDV consumes 3.5 terabytes of data.

Preliminary response of the UHDV was somewhat negative. This was not because of the lack of the promised technology, but more in the fact that it was too good. Some viewers got motion sickness when viewing the video image because the image was so close to reality.
In-fricking-credible. 22.2 audio, 7680 × 4320 pixels, 60 FPS... I think Im in love.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In-fricking-credible. 22.2 audio, 7680 × 4320 pixels, 60 FPS...
18 minutes = 3.5 Terrabytes
1 minute = 194 Gigabytes
1 second = 3.23 Gigabytes

Got an external hard drive? ;o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or twenty?

I wonder... would this come with descriptive video, for the vision impaired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom