Logitech is awesome...and has money to waste.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically...

The little feet on my G9x mouse, which goes for about 60-65$ new...are kind of thin. I bought it late 2009. So I looked around and saw you could buy replacements for like 3-4$ on some websites...

But first I decided I'd contact Logitech and see if they had some specifically for my mouse, and maybe they'd ship them to me free. I mean, it's not like they're really anything expensive or complicated. Just rubber things for the mouse to glide on.

So they get back to me on it...and they say they'll replace the ENTIRE mouse. So I say I don't want to do that, cause you know, I'd have to ship my current mouse back to them, pay for that shipping, wait for a week or so for my new one to come, and my old mouse wasn't really in bad condition, just the rubber feet, which you could replace...and that it'd be wasteful to send a new one.

They said they would -not- send me replacement feet, but WOULD send me a new mouse...and I don't have to send them the old one back.

They asked for no pictures, only the Product ID. I then got an email and they said a new one should arrive in 5-7 days.

Logitech is happy to inform you that we have accepted your warranty claim. The expected delivery time is within five (5) to seven (7) business days. You do not need to return the defective device.
The package will be delivered to the following address:

Googling shows that this is not uncommon. People have said they had ONE of their Logitech speakers die, and Logitech sent them an entire new system, and didn't ask for the old one.

Logitech has money to throw away. Someone told me that due to overhead costs or something like how much of a markup I bought the mouse at, that they can afford to do this. Still, it seems like a waste to me...

For such a minor problem, they ship me a brand new in box 60$ Mouse? Just cause the little rubber things, which cost them pennies are worn down?

Yeesh. Good for me though, now I will have a second awesome mouse. My cousin just bought the same mouse not two weeks ago...if only he had waited lol.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard countless stories like this. It's the reason all my mice (and the mouse I bought for my parents) are logitech and will be continue to be.

Discord Member
Best answers
yeah mkil .... but im sure those rubber things are probably built with the mouse .... so it'd cost them more money to actually have them seperatedly sent them to you .... (as it is the mouse probably cost them 3 bucks to made .... maybe even less) sending u an entire new mouse is really nothing for them ....

hmmmm mind sending that mouse to me ? hehehe id put it to good use

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, they aren't. They are removable. You can find replacements online for 3-4$. However, now I get an entire mouse free cause I stopped & asked Logitech first.

And nah, I can't send it to you, then I'd have to pay shipping. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're not "rubber things", they're usually teflon with a really low friction coefficient. Though I have to say, if Logitech treats their customers this well, I will buy my next mouse and keyboard set from them. I've had horrible history with my keyboards and mice, and I never have any faith in customer support or warranties. It's probably different out of the US though, so I'm screwed either way.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, we get alot of undeserved special treatment. I think it's cause they know we'll buy highly over-priced things, and we love "Brand loyalty" here. In America, we're so stupid that we'll buy a name brand bed for 2,000$, when you can get the same one, from the factory, for 900$, just without their little logo on it...

The worst part is that when I explain this to people, they justify at is they'd rather buy it from the company since they know their reliable...

...but it's the same thing, with their sticker sewn onto it...

So yeah, we're an easy market to milk. iPhones and all that alone should show that. Yes, teflon pads, someone told me to cut them myself, using a buzz saw and a Teflon pan...says it's what he did...real dumbarse. Anyways, you can get the Hyperglides. http://www.hyperglide.net/ for like 7$, I've seen, Replacement feet. I just contacted Logitech first and got damn lucky.

I do recommend Logitech though. Their marketing tactic works!

Logitech makes great mice...Keyboards though, I'd look into Mechanical. Logitech keyboards breakdown often, even if they will send you a full replacement at the snap of a finger, I'd rather just get a quality one in the first place.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're not "rubber things", they're usually teflon with a really low friction coefficient. Though I have to say, if Logitech treats their customers this well, I will buy my next mouse and keyboard set from them. I've had horrible history with my keyboards and mice, and I never have any faith in customer support or warranties. It's probably different out of the US though, so I'm screwed either way.
If you're going to buy a logitech gaming mouse, mx518 / g400 is a great mouse.

As for keyboards, mechanical keyboards break too. I had a das keyboard, it broke when it got a miniscule amount of water on it.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah, but it's quality. You shouldn't spill water on a Mechanical keyboard. :p

G400 is good, I hear the latest revision removed Angle Snapping or something. I like my G9x, but sometimes I feel it is abit to small for my hands, but I use the wide-load grip, but it kind of...sticks to your hands due to the material on it's surface.

Logitech-G9x-Gaming-Mouse-Top.jpg

On the fly DPI changing is good. I game around 3200, but can go up to 5700, or as low as 800 for more precision, for example when sniping from a very far distance, I can change it to super low and make shooting easier. Switch it back to up 3200 for twitch gaming.

It uses the Avago 9500 sensor.

http://www.avagotech.com/pages/en/n...ces/navigation_sensors/laserstream/adns-9500/

Infrared, so not laser, it was very weird looking and not seeing the red laser. Very precise on a proper mat. My mat was old and blech, so I got rid of it and tried on my desk. Sensor doesn't like bumpy wood, it would seem. :p

I got the Razer Scarab mouse mat for 30$. Yeap, lol, I paid 30$ for a mouse pad...but ya know, it's better than the cloth ones I saw for 10-15$, up to 20$. I really like it's surface...it's not plastic, it's not cloth, it's a hybrid surface. Tracks wonderfully.

razer-scarab-gallery4.jpg

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what you're saying is if I tell logitech one of my speakers broke or my keyboard stopped working I'd get a new one for free?@?@?!!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, without having to send back the old one. They pay for shipping as well.

As long as you're under Warranty. Of course, I heard of very rare reports of them honoring the Warranty if it's within 8 months of it having expired...still wouldn't count on that.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't remember when I got them :(

How long is their warranty?

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I have a defective Logitech G3 from many years ago. I doubt they'll replace it though since its been quite awhile now. I don't even think they make G3's anymore.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could try asking...

But if Warranty is like 2 years expired, I doubt it lol.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
That's awesome! I'll have to see which of my Logitech products have "broken" that 'need' replacing and give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom