Lock-on

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having Lock-on makes fighting goes super fast but you also what the freedom that esf has, so how can you imply this? Have lock-on automatic at a cetain range.

Say goku and piccolo are shooting beams at a distance and decide to swoop in and hit someone. In the old esf, swoop battles are common and usually goes for a long time. With this idea, if you get in a range of like 5-10ft, you automatically lock on so you don't have to swoop around for a long time beofre hitting someone.

Advantages to this:
Melee battles become fast paced
If you get out of the 5-10ft range, you automatically unlock from your opponent, allowing you to have free range.

Disadvantages:
Can not do beam, balls or ki blasts at a close range

If this idea works, and any one of you guys want to expand on it, go for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would the camera angle change depending on the lock, or would the lock-on cursor just hang at the edge of the screen if you're not looking at your enemy?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Locking on doesn't make esf's gameplay better in any way. It only serves to make it easier than it already is to hit someone. Fight a pro and you'll soon realize how fast esf's gameplay truly is. The only sort of lock-on that would have Zeo's stamp of approval is a red box around your opponent that allows you to know which goku you're fighting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Shiyojin: Your crosshair would attach to the enemy when you come in range, and when you get out of range you can move it freely again.

@Zeo: I like your idea about the Goku one alot.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since melee only occurs in close quarters, having both people lock-on to each other would result in a HOW every time. That would make melee useless.

I suggested it numerous times before and I remember CrackJack suggesting it too. All it would do is target the person. It wouldn't do anything else except say "Hey, you hit THAT character. Not one of his 3 clones over there."

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, i like that better. I hate how it is as of right now. You can't tell who is who at all until you focis on the enemy and look at the name.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...never leave radar on mixed mode if you want to win. I keep track of people using radar mode. Always. The additional info in mixed mode isn't worth not knowing where your opponent is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom