Loaning Power

Is Loaning a good or bad idea?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
In the first Brolli movie (number 8, I believe) and in the Freiza saga (when Goku is making the spirit bomb), when things were looking bad, other characters "loaned" their pl/ki to Goku. They did this by standing still, and stretching out a hand. Why not have this in ESF?

Here's how it would work:
1) You target someone just like melee; the only difference is that a blue box (instead of a red one) appears around them. There'd be a key assigned to turning on/off Loaning.

2) You then press fire to increase their pl substantially (x0.5 of your pl is added to theirs), and alt fire to increase their pl less drastically (x0.25 of your pl is added to theirs). Loaning costs ki - as soon as you run out, Loaning is automatically switched off. Same if you try to power up. Both types of Loaning use ki, primary faster than secondary. Turbo will increase the pl Loaned, but, of course, this uses up your ki even faster.

3) When you're Loaning power to someone, that really cool particle effect of the Spirit Bomb's happens: little particles (colour depnds on character) flow from you to the target char. Also, when giving power, you cannot move. You just stand there, pumping out the juice.

It should also say onscreen near the bottom centre of the screen, "Player1 is loaning Power to Player2", or "Player 2 is recieving power from Player1, Player3".

4) If you're melee'd while Loaning to someone, you're taken out of Loaning.

5) Loaned power can be recieved from more than one person.

I think that this will help enhance teamplay. Imagine seeing your teammate lose a power-struggle; setting down, you loan him your power and he gradually pushes it right back into the face of an unbelieving player. Classic stuff.

Thanks for your time.

Best answers
this was posted b4 and people predicted that the good players would just say to the noobs lend me your power noob etc. and i doubt any1 will ever use it anyways pl doesnt really help u beat some1 with melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AS I said before, people are to greedy so they wont share power.

Best answers
I would keep my power for myself, after all, it's the frags that count. :)

Best answers
that would be nice if you had a round based match

Best answers
thats a great idea, but it would work is there was some sort of story mode or some sort of elimination mode like counter strike, where the weak would give their strongest party member their power.

Best answers
Re: people to selfish to share
Well, it's not something that's meant to be over-used anyway. But this would really be useful to people who play together (such as clans), and on smaller servers.

Perhaps as an incentive, a Loaner gains as much pl as the Loanee (i know that's not really a word :p) when he scores damage.

Re: not useful in melee
True, but it doesn't have to be. All you need to do is be on the lookout for an ally in a power or block struggle. Besides, you don't want to make Loaning unbalanced.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Best answers
Acually if I had less then 10 hp I'd be happy to lend someone my power level. I'm usually too lazy to find a senzy bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom