Loading background, Ranking & Turnament mode

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Backgorund:

I don't know if there is but i'll post .
What about add a backgorund when loading in to server. In OBF the loadnig backgorund are black and add loading music like in ecx .

For ranking :
Add Avatar from steam and change nick from the game in to name of steam account like in TF2 .

Turnament :

Turnament are only in Budokai map.
Turnament are only start if in Server are 16 players everybody else are waiting in Spectate.
Game are choose 2 players for 1 round etc.
Starting round are in the ground in new animation in model like Goku in the screen.
Characters can use only Melee, Kiblast, Genericbeam, and one strong attack like KHH, GG etc.
No transforming in to high level.
Limit for one round are 1 minute.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Background: I dont realy care. axess stuff.

STEAM Name in scoreboard: I hope not. Thats an unholy move that prevents you from the joy of people not knowing who you are. Same goes for avatar.

Tournament mode: 1 minute is not enough to finish a fight. Limiting attacks is useless since we allready have them balanced to go with melee. Spectating and wathing other play = no fun. Limited to 1 map = borring really fast.

I personally hate your idea of tournament mode.

The Prodigy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
STEAM Name in scoreboard: I hope not. Thats an unholy move that prevents you from the joy of people not knowing who you are. Same goes for avatar.
Well they can always check the Player list to see your steam name and avatar anyway. When I smurf servers I just use a different steam account :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought that doesnt show if you are logged out of steam friends.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
1) i dont care
2) i dislike the idea
3) for limiting attacks there is the weapon_restriction system, 1 minute? forget it, players have much more hp in the final version which means fights are taking longer
spectators are able to fight another...
anyways I think i've designed the tournament really good. maybe i will release the design doc

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
1. I'm not sure, maybe the idea isn't so bad, but I don't think that many of people would care about loading screen.
2. NO WAY.
3. I myself would play tournament in Budokai map only, but let's not restrict everyone to only one map. There's Cell Games and other arena maps.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea. I wouldnt want any of these really. I mean the Loading Backgroun would kinda destract me from long waits for about 3 seconds but then its just "Oh the game hasn't loaded yet" type feel.

lol@ hleV's Sig. I love you.

Best answers
1> If the loading screen had different images on it that acted as partial tutorials, then I think it'd be a good idea. Like 'How To's, or 'Did You Know's.

2> Despite my name, I hate when people hide their identities. I wouldn't mind this being part of the game. People would have to get over the fact that they aren't the best all the time for one, and second it'd make them accountable for their actions. If they start pissing people off and talking slander, they have to deal with the long-term consequences instead of hiding behind a nick.

The idea of personalizing yourself beyond a DBZ theme is cool too.

3> Tournament should probably start out with 1 map until people understand what works and how to improvise it. I don't think FFA maps and Tournament maps would mix since they'd need to be segregated so several players can fight 1 on 1 at a time.

I don't like the idea of limiting anything. If anything, make the fight longer with more options available, and 1 kill wins the match.

I think Tournament Mode should have variables that a server-side client can build off of to customize it, like keeping track of stats. So ultimately, allow lots of customizing on Tournament Mode on the player side, and let them decide how it should work. In due time, servers and players will find the most generally accepted rules and conditions.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
2> Despite my name, I hate when people hide their identities. I wouldn't mind this being part of the game. People would have to get over the fact that they aren't the best all the time for one, and second it'd make them accountable for their actions. If they start pissing people off and talking slander, they have to deal with the long-term consequences instead of hiding behind a nick.
Sorry but i for one dont want people on the server to know when the **** im playing the game. Especially the anoying random noobs who know im on the team >.>

Best answers
lol Grega maybe there should be an exception in your case. I saw your profile and it looks like noobs are flagging you down all the time to find when the game is coming out :p

Maybe make it optional, if possible? Or allow a feature to hide your identity?

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's already in thanks to steam. Go to the players tab, you should see everyones steam friends name. If you want to smurf, you usually have to get another account :(

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of loading screen being a mini-tutorial.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the tips. Like:

To swoop, press :name of the key, binded for swooping: along with a specific direction key.
If you have enough powerlevel, you can ascend by pressing :key, binded for ascending:.

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I would quite like to have tips on the loading screen, probably alongside of a keyboard/mouse layout too.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Or character information like "Kid Buu the strongest monster in Dragon Ball Z, bla bla bla " etc

Best answers
Or character information like "Kid Buu the strongest monster in Dragon Ball Z, bla bla bla " etc
That tips are a good info, but your's is wrong. Kid Buu is not the strongest, is Super Buu. I'm making a suggestion to make Buu's transformations better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom