Loading a map

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can anyone load a map through the console without ESF crashing? Everytime I load a map through the console and choose a character the connecting to server screen pops up and then ESF crashes. I just want to make sure if it's either ESF or my map that I'm working on thats causing ESF to crash.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh... I didn't think of that. Well first I tried my map and it crashed, then I tried loading a map I downloaded, and that crashed. When I loaded a stock map it didn't crash.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's the advice... Don't load maps through your console...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figured it out, I had to have "sv_lan" set to "1". I still can't get the "gl_wireframes" to work since it keeps on saying "Can't enable gl_wireframes in multiplayer".

Spunky said:
Here's the advice... Don't load maps through your console...
I have to if I want to view the wireframes and see if there are any areas where the brushes are sliced up which in turn makes the map laggy. In multiplayer you can't enable the "gl_wireframes" command for some reason, and apparently loading a map through the console enables you to activate the "gl_wireframes" command, but somehow I can't.

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry for the wasteful thread and wasting your time.

Edit

I managed to get the "gl_wireframes" to work.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
How did you do that?

I cant get that thing working :s
Before you load a map from the console, set "deathmatch" to "1", set "developer" to "1", set "gl_wireframe" to "2", and then load the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom