little noob problem^^

Best answers
well i cant use the deticated sever tool on steam so exactly what do i use to make one?:]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh, you should be able to use the dedicated server tool just fine, I've never heard of anyone having problems with it until now. And I don't think there's any other way, other than asking a friend to send you their HLServer folder.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just copy your esf folder into your hl server folder... then run the server with ESF on it. The other problem I see anyone having is if the player knows absolutely nothing about half-life... If that is the case, get used to the engine more before you tinker with it.

Please note taht this tool means that you shouldnt join on the same machine or even the same connection for that matter.... problems arrise. Just use the ingame function of "create server" if you want to join the same server that you create at the same time.

Now if the server creation was sucessfull, but no one can see or join your server... that means you have a firewall of some sort blocking your ports. If so I reccommend you look up in YOUR manual how to open ports and only open 27015.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Just copy your esf folder into your hl server folder... then run the server with ESF on it. The other problem I see anyone having is if the player knows absolutely nothing about half-life... If that is the case, get used to the engine more before you tinker with it.

Please note taht this tool means that you shouldnt join on the same machine or even the same connection for that matter.... problems arrise. Just use the ingame function of "create server" if you want to join the same server that you create at the same time.

Now if the server creation was sucessfull, but no one can see or join your server... that means you have a firewall of some sort blocking your ports. If so I reccommend you look up in YOUR manual how to open ports and only open 27015.
I ran a dedicated server on my computer and played on the same computer just fine. No one lagged or had any problems. the only problem, if you can call it that, is when it would tell me my steam ticket expired, all i had to do was log back in. not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom