Little help with MS3D...

Best answers
Ok, I edited the Gohan that comes with ESF as a default, I added a little bit of hair to make it look more evened out.. I edited it in 3dsmax, then exported it as a .3ds then imported it into MS3D.

I tried instantly exporting it as a .smd, but it said it found vertices that havent' been assigned to a bone yet. So I instantly assumed that it meant the hair piece that I added, so I assigned it to a bone. Once again I try exporting it and it gives me the same error.. and it seems like no matter what I do I can't get it to export due to the same error.

Help?

Best answers
Just hit the "select unassigned" button in the Joints tab und look what is missing :p

Best answers
I did that.. and it selected like.. over half the model, but when I changed which joint I had selected, the Unassigned vertice selection also changed.. so how am I supposed to know which ones?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have to assign the part of the model that is closest to one of the bones. like if the head werent assigned, you would have to assign it to the head bone.

Best answers
Argh.. I guess I'll do that.. I just didn't want to waste all that time just for a little hair piece, but I guess I will anyway :p, Lemme try this and see if it works.

EDIT: Aha!! I got it, one of the joints didn't have anything assigned to it. Thanks for all the help :)

But now when I try and compile the .qc file, I get an error :unknown bonecontroller link 'Bip01 Spine':, anyway to fix that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom