little help please

Best answers
is it possible to convert a 3d max 6 or 7 file into a 3d max 5 file my friend cant open a model made in 3dmax 6 is there any way around this? or does discreet have an update out there for the 3dmax 5 people to use to open up models from 6 or 7? i ask that cause i always get lost on discreets site lol any way thanks for those who can ehlp

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could have someone with 6 or 7 export it as a 3ds for you, its not as good as having the actual max file but its better than nothing

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3dsmax is backward compatible only, the only exception is between version 4.x and 5.x which can go between each other no problem.

saving to .3ds is one way, but you will lose all of your vertex colouring and animation information (any skeleton will also be turned into an editable mesh and will no longer function as bones.) try exporting to a game filetype such as a GLM or something? you might be able to keep animations like that..

Best answers
well no animations are in the model its just a basic built model (done by enix btw and i thank him ^_^) so ill give teh .3ds a go and see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom