List of Bugs Christmas edition =D

Best answers
This is a listing of things that ocurred while playing the latest version of ESF:

Bugs... in my opinion ¬¬

- Crashes when firing gohans masenko against SSJ generic ball.
Crashes when firing kamehameha against SSJ generic ball.
My guess is that it crashes when firing signature beams against yellow(SSJ) generic balls.
Both were fully charged beams.. if that helps any ¬¬

- Knockback animation error - when a character finishes the knockback animation it is broken, as it goes into a "no animation" pose, but quickly makes up for it as soon as the player begins to move again.

- Beamhead distorted when one is BS'ing.

Things that have happened while playing:

- Randomly crashed when loading esf_arrival map and selecting goku.

- Beams refusing to connect with each other when pressing "J" or "L" to tilt camera angle.
Once the beam is fired and then the camera angle changed, the beam and the opposing beam do not connect.

- Knockback is still in my opinion a bit TOO delayed. When I am hit the character still takes far too long to recover. I dont know if its a bug though.

- When an enemy is BS'ing your blast, and the terrain shifts downwards as he is dragged backwards, the beam will go through the terrain if the enemy is not in "fly" mode...
and thus look extremelly unrealistic. I know this happens because the beam now shifts into a straight line to make PS more like the show.

- Simple melee from above sometimes causes the enemy to fly upwards instead, this in turn traps the enemy beneath the player's feet doing the "knockback" animation and exposed to a barrage of simple melee hits until that player's death.

- Beamtrail near player distorted when charging beam in motion and suddenly firing... shifts to one side.

- Beam will abruptly go up if fired while holding the SPACEBAR key... is this intentional?

- The damn bots make the blasts explode in your face just when you feel like BS'ing... THAT is very annoying... not a bug but GOD thats f***ing annoying.

- A player's gibs will bounce around the map and come to a stop, but when they are on the ground they suddenly "jerk" upwards and look as if their floating.

- When BS'ing a spirit bomb, the bomb will come to a halt and suddenly "jerk" upwards as soon as it is blocked, making the about-to-be-cool BS into a glitchy-ass-BS.

- A player stays SSJ during a PS after his PL is depleted, before they used to power down.

- Spawn-fraggin is also annoying.. need to make more spawning points in some maps ya kno!

- When in the water, if you swim low enough, your character will stop swiming and drop down to an area where the player can walk and run freely, like when outside the water.

- If turned into the frog in the air, you dont drop down but stay floating and exposed to a barrage of disintigrating energy or melee attacks... which isnt all that bad considering its better to get PWND than to stay as the frog.

Ok thats all for now ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
StealthSudaka said:
This is a listing of things that ocurred while playing the latest version of ESF:

Bugs... in my opinion ¬¬
Thank you for the help we went through all these youll see the results below.

StealthSudaka said:
- Crashes when firing gohans masenko against SSJ generic ball.
Crashes when firing kamehameha against SSJ generic ball.
y guess is that it crashes when firing signature beams against yellow(SSJ) generic balls.
Both were fully charged beams.. if that helps any ¬¬
Wern't able to confirm thisone we tryed everything from normal form generic bals to SSJ form generic balls against Kamehameha and GalitGun. No crash happened. Did you by any chance do this with the bots?

StealthSudaka said:
- Knockback animation error - when a character finishes the knockback animation it is broken, as it goes into a "no animation" pose, but quickly makes up for it as soon as the player begins to move again.
Thats not actually a bug. There is no animation for knock back recovery so the default animation plays right now. This will be fixed when a recovery animation is added.

StealthSudaka said:
- Beamhead distorted when one is BS'ing.
Bug tested and reported. http://www.skinner3d.com/bugs/view.php?id=222

StealthSudaka said:
- Beams refusing to connect with each other when pressing "J" or "L" to tilt camera angle.
Once the beam is fired and then the camera angle changed, the beam and the opposing beam do not connect.
Tested beams connected normally.

StealthSudaka said:
- Knockback is still in my opinion a bit TOO delayed. When I am hit the character still takes far too long to recover. I dont know if its a bug though.
Thats not a bug. Cause there is no recovery animation, the default animation plays. The length of that animations is longer than the recovery animation, so the time spent recovering is longer. Will be fixed when a knockback animation is added.

StealthSudaka said:
- Simple melee from above sometimes causes the enemy to fly upwards instead, this in turn traps the enemy beneath the player's feet doing the "knockback" animation and exposed to a barrage of simple melee hits until that player's death.
Thats a known bug. It happens when you are directly on top of your oponent. I remember it was reported long ago.

StealthSudaka said:
- Beam will abruptly go up if fired while holding the SPACEBAR key... is this intentional?
Yes its intentional. You can make the beam jump or duck like that. Itll jump or cudk depending on weather the beamhead is abbove or below your character.

StealthSudaka said:
- The damn bots make the blasts explode in your face just when you feel like BS'ing... THAT is very annoying... not a bug but GOD thats f***ing annoying.
Anoying but as said not a bug.

StealthSudaka said:
- A player's gibs will bounce around the map and come to a stop, but when they are on the ground they suddenly "jerk" upwards and look as if their floating.
Tested this using destructo disc. The bibs fell down and disapeared normally.

StealthSudaka said:
- When BS'ing a spirit bomb, the bomb will come to a halt and suddenly "jerk" upwards as soon as it is blocked, making the about-to-be-cool BS into a glitchy-ass-BS.
Tryed big and small block struggles. The Spirit Bomb didn't move upwards.

StealthSudaka said:
- Spawn-fraggin is also annoying.. need to make more spawning points in some maps ya kno!
Not a bug. Mappers do that to quick compile unfinished maps. The finished map versions will have more spown points but the ones for testing dont really have them.

StealthSudaka said:
- If turned into the frog in the air, you dont drop down but stay floating and exposed to a barrage of disintigrating energy or melee attacks... which isnt all that bad considering its better to get PWND than to stay as the frog.
Yes thats a known bug. If frog is forced into flying mode it gets stuck. Same thing happens if you punch the frog upwards. Bug has allready been reported in the past.

The 3 not mentioned in the quote will be tested during next week.

Thanks for the halp :p

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Thats a known bug. It happens when you are directly on top of your oponent. I remember it was reported long ago.
Yes I repoeted it :D

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice job...When frieza perfect form stands still, he starts making a blue ball. That blue ball is buged.

Best answers
yea Im guessing when they made the sprite they didnt make it in alpha-blend mode or something like that, when everything black is made transparent.

hey grega u forgot some:

- Player stays SJJ in a powerstruggle after Ki is depleted.
- When an enemy is BS'ing your blast, and the terrain shifts downwards as he is dragged backwards, the beam will go through the terrain if the enemy is not in "fly" mode...
and thus look extremelly unrealistic. I know this happens because the beam now shifts into a straight line to make PS more like the show.

...and yes the signature beam vs generic ball thing was with bots, im guessing bot issues then?
... and the gib thing, I meant the HL1 body parts, not the slices when using destructo disk.

I know u said u didnt test them but just in case I got them typed up again in case u forget ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
StealthSudaka said:
yea Im guessing when they made the sprite they didnt make it in alpha-blend mode or something like that, when everything black is made transparent.

hey grega u forgot some:

- Player stays SJJ in a powerstruggle after Ki is depleted.

...and yes the signature beam vs generic ball thing was with bots, im guessing bot issues then?
... and the gib thing, I meant the HL1 body parts, not the slices when using destructo disk.

I know u said u didnt test them but just in case I got them typed up again in case u forget ;)
Well we gibbed Gohan a few times and it was allways the ESF model
True that it was still the gib parts from 1.2.3 but it were the ESF gib parts.

And yea i said the ones not mentioned will be tested during this week :)

As for the crash. Bots and beams tend to crash the game. Its been like that since 1.1 sadly.

Best answers
What Snowm@n said makes sense, so by putting all of bugs together it would be easier to read so:
  • Firstly, some of the animations are bugged. e.g. Kame Torpedo or when you charge+turbo will cause Goku to face right with his arms spread apart, like if you animating him in Milkshape or domething.
  • Vegeta also does something similar. When you fire a Gallit Gun charge he starts doing the Final Flash animation
  • Another is the pain when jumping sound. Again, this only happens with Goku. He screams in pain after some jumps.
  • Some custom models can't be used. The ones for Vegeta, Buu Saga Vegeta, do but Vegetto for Goku doesn't. I don't know why this is.
  • This one isn't really much but Krillin's two forms don't have the same colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom