Linux Recommendations?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldnt manage to install Ubuntu.. again ^^
I had to reformat my comp again cause Windows wouldbt boot then anymore.

Ubuntu installed without probs, but when it was done and it wanted to boot, it said "No Bootdevice" or something like that.

Maybe i set my older comp up this week and put linux on there to see how it works. ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
That sounds like a problem with the MBR (or grub being installed to the MBR)... I've never had issues any time I've used it :eek:

But yeah, it is much more convenient to install on a seperate PC first, especially if you're not comfortable with or don't have much experience installing new operating systems. ^^ That way you don't mess up anything important

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just talked with an friend of mine , and he also said that i might made something wrong with the MBR, so i/we might try it again ^^.
But i first wanna try it at an extra system to see how it is and what features it has.,.. except the 3d Desktop ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You can run XGL (the 3d desktop) on something as old as a GeForce 2 MX, unlike other OSes that require brand-new hardware. (Vista I am looking at YOU lol)

It works on ATI cards too, but it requires a lot more work to get it running. nVidia for life! o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom