Linux esf server turns itself off

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Oh for gods sake Sky. He has a validation mark as OKd. Hes obviously not a bot. So just manually move him to the correct group >.<
Let's not point fingers, shall we? I requested his re-validation as he was still in the email confirmation group + his SteamID was no longer listed within his profile. Just because his image says he is validated, doesn't mean he is set as one on his profile.

They shouldn't. But according to Sky you must be validated to receive any help. ANY. Unless I'm missing something?
The support is for in-game related issues. Doesn't really count for dedicated servers. Guess a dedicated server section could be created that doesn't require validation.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally don't think that the rarety of these type of threads merrit their own section. No system is perfect, and lets face it. Most people who even need this type of support, probably have HL anyway.

ps, why are you still up @ 4 am? :p

Best answers
I disagree. Dedicated servers are essential to allow everyone to play ESF, painless support for dedicated server hosters is essential. We shouldn't pester such hosters that spend their time and money to set up dedicated servers for our enjoyment with mandatory validation.

Also, it's probably a good idea to separate dedicated server support from 'normal' user support anyways, since it's about completely different issues.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I disagree. Dedicated servers are essential to allow everyone to play ESF, painless support for dedicated server hosters is essential. We shouldn't pester such hosters that spend their time and money to set up dedicated servers for our enjoyment with mandatory validation.

Also, it's probably a good idea to separate dedicated server support from 'normal' user support anyways, since it's about completely different issues.
Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom