Linux Alpha...

Best answers
The Linux Alpha......wtf is linux? (I know this is a dumb question, but my friend wanted to know)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
linux is a open-source operation system

everyone could edit this system and it runs more stable than windows
that´s the reason why ppl host linux-server(dedicated server)

the bad thing:
you can´t play under linux(not much)
and it´s not windows-compatible

i personally don´t like linux because my favourite-programs runs under windows and the driver support is bad

Best answers
linux can read off the windows fs (file system) and can run dos and windows programs. linux is a damm fine os (operating system) but its hard to learn and u will need c programming knowledge to make it do everything u want. i had it on my pentium 1 and learned the basics, the screen savers are much more intersting than any windows ones and the gui (graphical user interface) is a nice change. if u hav a nice old comp (say pentium 1 w/ 32 mb ram w/ atleats a 1 gig hd) try it, if u want to become a hacker u'll need it. if you want to hide a pr0n on there it wont work because linus is useless at displaying pics on old comps. if u do try it then ya gonna hav to download like 1.3gigs and burn them to cd or buy them.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
linux,just like Imac, is better than windows.. but windows is much more populair so all games and programs are made for windows..

if the whole world would use linux now... *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom