Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda like "hands held up high" or something like that. I prefer th Fort Minor songs.

I'm not really big on Linkin Park, but I prefer the songs that 40% of all AMVs were made to :rolleyes: .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look I did like them...when I was ****ing 13 years old. Now I've matured with my music taste (that being in metal) and compared to other bands I listen to LP is not up to the "metal standard" something in which I just created. I still listen to a lot of "nu-metal" but LP isn't even that anymore. And since your opinion was negative towards LP just like mine was then don't tell me to listen to the music the way I want to. I was voicing my opinion you don't have to listen to me just as much as I don't have to listen to you comprende?

@Jariroth: Are you being sarcastic? If you are then good job being a ****. My post wasn't 100% serious, none of them usually are.

@Predator: Thanks for backing me up bro. And yes Amon Amarth are ****ing awesome.

Don't even get me started on MCR.
Mine was negative, but did I say any **** about listening to "real metal" or something similar? **** no. And if you don't want to listen to me, don't read my post. Whether you like it or not, Linkin park are a form of Metal. No, you haven't matured in your music taste. There aren't different bands for different ages. You either like music or you don't; you don't "grow out of" music. Comprende?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine was negative, but did I say any **** about listening to "real metal" or something similar? **** no. And if you don't want to listen to me, don't read my post. Whether you like it or not, Linkin park are a form of Metal. No, you haven't matured in your music taste. There aren't different bands for different ages. You either like music or you don't; you don't "grow out of" music. Comprende?
Yes, people can and do grow out of certain kinds of music.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They might be tired of it, but they don't suddenly think they are too old for it, unless it's a nursery rhyme <_<.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growing out of something doesn't necessarily mean one believes they are too old for a thing. It can mean one has matured (mentally, emotionally, spiritually; whatever you want it to mean), and that thing no longer interests them.

This is what I and other mean by "growing out" of something.

Best answers
I personally cant wait for the ten thousand Amvs that are going to be produced using this album.

I liked Linkin Park for a very brief time in my life, looking back now especially with the way my tastes have changed I cant believe I didn't rip my ears off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growing out of something doesn't necessarily mean one believes they are too old for a thing. It can mean one has matured (mentally, emotionally, spiritually; whatever you want it to mean), and that thing no longer interests them.

This is what I and other mean by "growing out" of something.
That's not what I meant though is it ;] He said mature, and by that, i take it to mean for something to grow in age.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And that's not what he, the person who originally made the statement, meant is it? Let's take a look at his quote:

Now I've matured with my music taste (that being in metal) and compared to other bands I listen to LP is not up to the "metal standard" something in which I just created.
His taste in music has matured. Does that mean his taste in music is no longer 13 years old? Does it mean his taste in music is now 18 years old? No. He is not referring to age. Interpret his statement however you'd like, but there is only one right interpretation, and yours is not it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Linkin Park are the biggest emo band ever.

Nuff said.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i loved that most of their first album was written about STD's.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I loved Linkin Parks first album, then the remix album came out that was craptastic, Then meteora was alright, Only one song that I liked which was "Somewhere I belong".
And this new one is so noobish.
Lets hope Disturbed release a new album.

Best answers
im surprised no one commented on the album title

unorigional to say the least

iron maiden anyone?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im surprised no one commented on the album title

unorigional to say the least

iron maiden anyone?
Iron maiden didn't come up with the term and was not the only band to use it as the title of a song. The term "minutes to midnight" refers to the doomsday clock, which has been around since the 1940's. Midnight represents the time when destruction will occur by nuclear war, and the minutes hand is inched to midnight by significant events that occur that pose a threat to us or our environment. Just google the doomsday clock, we learned about it in history class.

The title is appropriate since some of the songs deal with current events and the war and politics (hands held high is the song that sticks out to me when i think of the title).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your taste in music is not superior get over it *****es ;o....
None of us ever said it was superior I believe. I just suggested in a very outward way to listen to it (oh and not only death metal because that's not all I listen to I actually listen to all forms of metal even Folk Metal).

Xerimethius said:
His taste in music has matured. Does that mean his taste in music is no longer 13 years old? Does it mean his taste in music is now 18 years old? No. He is not referring to age. Interpret his statement however you'd like, but there is only one right interpretation, and yours is not it.
You my friend nailed it right on the head.

Best answers
The reason I used to like Linkin Park was that they didn't scream like they've just had their nads crushed in a vice. They had the strength of good metal music, with none of the retarded screaming to ruin it. (as you could probably tell, I LOATHE metal)

Now they've gone exactly like every single other metal band and lost their appeal for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Linkin Park is washed up and a horrible band...please stop listening to them and start listening to real metal.
Hurray for opinions!

I'm still a big fan of Linkin Park, but this new album really is complete garbage. Whether or not this was the manager's fault of the band's fault is unknown, but someone screwed up somewhere. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Linkin Park tried to do something new, and failed terribly.

Best answers
Okay, i finally listened it and seems like most of the songs were really.... Emo'ish. I mean there were few good songs that were worth listening, but it was definately their worst album. I liked their first album and somewhat liked Meteora but this seems nothing like them...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason I used to like Linkin Park was that they didn't scream like they've just had their nads crushed in a vice.
I believe that's why Chester is in the band...he screamed a lot. Are you sure you listened to them?

Oh and if you can get past the screaming and look at the lyrics then you'll find that they are usually very good. Also if you can look past to screaming and look at the musicianship usually that's better then the lyrics.

Plus there are a lot of metal bands like DragonForce, Tool, Opeth, Killswitch Engage that don't use screaming all the time but are still really heavy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a good album but they need some more heavy songs on the cd.

and as big a lp fanboy as I am the guitar playing is pretty weak but they do have some neat riffs.

its not like some of the softer songs are horrible i would just like to have more songs like 'given up' and no more sorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom