Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Just picked up my copy off iTunes, and this album comes in 2 flavors, Clean and Explicit. So far, its a very good album. Linkin Park has a new sound and I like it. Hearing them scream F@#K is funny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Linkin Park is washed up and a horrible band...please stop listening to them and start listening to real metal.

Best answers
Just picked up my copy off iTunes, and this album comes in 2 flavors, Clean and Explicit. So far, its a very good album. Linkin Park has a new sound and I like it. Hearing them scream F@#K is funny.
it's nothing like their old stuff

it's a truly horrible album, I've tried to listen to it and I've REALLY tried to like it but somehow it just sounds awful

honestly the only track worth listening too is "What I've done"

other then that it's just a fort minor remake

Best answers
Linkin Park is washed up and a horrible band...please stop listening to them and start listening to real metal.
I kind of liked original Linkin park, but because Your opinion obviously is Everyone else's opinion i guess ill just have to stop listening to them... /Sarcasm

I havent heard the new album yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Linkin Park were one of the reasons i started liking Rock/Metal along with Guano Apes, but i'm not feeling their new stuff. After they stopped and Fort Minor's "The Rising Tied" came out, i realised Linkin Park would never be the same :(
Don't get me wrong though, i loved The Rising Tied; but i didn't see the point to Linkin Park anymore, in my opinion, i realised that anything they made in the future wouldn't be the same; and if it was, then i wouldn't be interested. After listening to their new "re-debut" song, i just lost my appetite for Linkin Park.
The Rising Tied and Collision Course were the last nice albums for me, gonna leave it at that. Linkin Park is dead to me.
And Barney, please don't bother starting a "real metal > *" conversation, the argument is infinite and is never interesting, and it just gives people a reason to flame. Listen to music they way you want to, and let others be ffs.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for ****s sake.

to be honest with you, the first linkin park album had 2 good tracks, and even then by my usual standards, they were heavily sub-par. and then when they said "hey because we can't be bothered to write a second record, have a listen to the first one again, except this time we've mixed in a bunch of MORE crap!!!", i kinda went "wtf? bands don't do that".

they are one of the reasons why i, and about 100 other people in my city (can prove this too) aren't going to download festival this year. now 100 people aren't a lot, but when you take 100 people from every town/city in england, and then add all the people who are boycotting it because MCR are headlining, while other quality acts such as In Flames, Slayer, and Velvet Revolver are playing support, you'll find download this year is gonna be pretty dead compared with past years.

that being said, i don't care, cos i get to see Metallica at wembly :D

Best answers
for ****s sake.

to be honest with you, the first linkin park album had 2 good tracks, and even then by my usual standards, they were heavily sub-par. and then when they said "hey because we can't be bothered to write a second record, have a listen to the first one again, except this time we've mixed in a bunch of MORE crap!!!", i kinda went "wtf? bands don't do that".

they are one of the reasons why i, and about 100 other people in my city (can prove this too) aren't going to download festival this year. now 100 people aren't a lot, but when you take 100 people from every town/city in england, and then add all the people who are boycotting it because MCR are headlining, while other quality acts such as In Flames, Slayer, and Velvet Revolver are playing support, you'll find download this year is gonna be pretty dead compared with past years.

that being said, i don't care, cos i get to see Metallica at wembly :D
And what about the 200 emo kids of every town that go for MCR and the 200 10 year olds that want to see LP? I think this Download will have way more people than last year, eventhough it'll be mostly 10 year olds and emos (or 10 year old emos :eek:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard one of these on the radio yesterday. Chester was screaming and cursing like a madman. Definitely the worst song they've ever done.

I may buy the album... but I don't understand why they're cursing now. It ruins their music.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was pretty much the worst album I've listened to in a long time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually liked all album up untill now, even the remix album. I though What I've done was also pretty good. Wake, the instrumental song sounds pretty nice too. But the rest of the songs are pure crap. Hands held high being mediocre. Worst Linkin Park album to date.

Best answers
After listening to the whole album a few times only a couple of songs are worth getting, Given Up, Bleed It Out, and What I've Done.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what about the 200 emo kids of every town that go for MCR and the 200 10 year olds that want to see LP? I think this Download will have way more people than last year, eventhough it'll be mostly 10 year olds and emos (or 10 year old emos :eek:)

then the directors of the festival will learn a hard lesson when none of the beer is bought, and they have to put up with whiney 10 year old *****es who can't deal with a weekend in the sun.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quoted for truth. Listen to some Amon Amarth. Viking Metal FTW
the truth in your opinion and tastes.;/ listen to older songs of Linkin' Park!

personally i like 2 or 3 songs from the album. This one is not that good but........o well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And Barney, please don't bother starting a "real metal > *" conversation, the argument is infinite and is never interesting, and it just gives people a reason to flame. Listen to music they way you want to, and let others be ffs.
Look I did like them...when I was ****ing 13 years old. Now I've matured with my music taste (that being in metal) and compared to other bands I listen to LP is not up to the "metal standard" something in which I just created. I still listen to a lot of "nu-metal" but LP isn't even that anymore. And since your opinion was negative towards LP just like mine was then don't tell me to listen to the music the way I want to. I was voicing my opinion you don't have to listen to me just as much as I don't have to listen to you comprende?

@Jariroth: Are you being sarcastic? If you are then good job being a ****. My post wasn't 100% serious, none of them usually are.

@Predator: Thanks for backing me up bro. And yes Amon Amarth are ****ing awesome.

Don't even get me started on MCR.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like most of the songs, given up is defiantly my favorite song on the cd. I was glad to hear mike sing an entire song on the cd instead of raping, even though his voice is nothing special, it's better than rapping imo.

The fact they took out all of the techno/nu metal sound was a nice switch. I also like the fact that they shuffle up soft and hard rock and its not all just hard rock. I really don't give a **** if you don't like linkin park, and say listen to real metal...linkin park doesn't claim to be a metal band, thats like listening to R&B and someone telling you to go listen to real rap, R&B and rap aren't the same, just as rock and metal aren't the same. IMO Metal = loud guitar whorage/ inaudible vocals, Rock = softer guitar, chords may not be so complex/ vocals are understandable and meaningful :O.

Thats how I see it, and referring me to death metal bull**** isn't going to change that...I know what I like, your taste in music is not superior get over it *****es ;o....

Best answers
i like the old songs, well most of em.

i heard the new song "what have i done" or something. haven't even heard it complete cuz it sucked so much, it really sucks the new sounds, sounds like an old sound and their old sound the new, its like they reversed it.

they just got worse imo.
so for what ive heard i'm not even spending time on downloading their new album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom