Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Very good so far. I agree with the eyebrow thing, and the nose just doesn't look right. It doesn't look like it belongs. Sorta looks like you cut a nose on him like a jack-a-lantern. Or maybe it's just me.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ3_G0tenks
Where would the master sword come from? Anyway, for the trans.. i'm thinking of him floating slightly, looking upwards, a aura type thing around him (like when you play the sun's song) wind blowing his hair and clothes upwards, then he kind of shoots his arms out and arches his back (vegeta style) and then a large flash.. adult link :D
Or,when Link plays a song on the ocarina a cylinder shaped light comes down on Link. He could do what you said and add the light beam coming down. But not the sun song.

Best answers
Ok, all updates will be posted tomorrow (i'll be working on it through the day before I can get on the internet). I'll try fix some of the problems, add some more detail in places then post them up here.

Best answers
i think the chin needs to be fixed up a little as well, it's a little too pointy

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi y'all

Sorry i havnt been on for a while, ive been very busy with uni work as i will be for the next few days. But because im at uni as i type this (on my time off :cry: ) i cant show any new pics, but ill tell u what ive done
-Links nose has been changed SLIGHTLY, just changed the bottom of it a bit and fitted it a bit better to keep the nose freeks happy :)
-The torso is done, just got to make a collar

For all those with crits, the head model is EXACTLY the same as the pics i used so i dont see how i havent "captured the look", his ears are correct, they get longer when hes teen link, the chin is that pointy, but if any one else wants i might change that, allthough in game link is a very pointy person. seriously. And allthough i havent got it in front of me, i think the head is just over a hundred pollies, maybe 150 at tops.

And ssj3 gotenks, the skin looks great! the only thing i noticed is that theres a bit of green in the top left of the face, but im sure youve got that covoured :)

And ive written this rather quickly in between work, so if ive missed anything or something ive written is not understandable ill be on for a few hours for replies.

And im so happy people have decided to visit the thread :laff:

*edit* one last thing, i just thought " do they know that this model is based on The ocarina of time link? and that its made to look the same as that one, not making a whole new link?" cos that should answer some questions to some people of why i havnt made him a mouth, or modelled eyes, its because the link model in ocarina of time didnt have them either, they where skinned on.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol, ive still gotta add sleeves and his belt, but once thats done ill send it on :)
but i dont think ill be able to work on it again till saturday night at the earliest. And there isnt anywhere for the legs yet..... lol, ill get there. ive also had a go at the kokiri sword, but it doesnt seem right so im gonna do it again.

Best answers
Then to me for skinning ;)

Ok, here is version 2.. slight changes include: Darker eyebrows, less of a smile, fixed the green over lap and more detailed hair. Tell me what you think. (btw, with a new nose won't it need reskinmapping? I hope not :p)

Front

Side

Best answers
Eyebrows and hair are good now, but the ear looks like a hole... Maybe make his eyes a lil darker blue, it looks too ureal now...

Best answers
Well, the eyes are the same colour as the N64 link, as for the ears.. i've been meaning to fix them, that'll happen next.

Best answers
looks ok so far but fix the ears :p

and for the nose you won't see it ingame so it doesn't mater much or does it

Best answers
I'll be fixing the ears in the next skin version, aswell as maybe adding some extra face detail (like some shadowing etc)

The support for this model has been great so far.. and no spam (yet) so I can only thank you guys ^_^

Best answers
The eyebrows are still not at their best, because they are not pointed like the N64 version.
And the hair still need the lines in the texture.

Best answers
I think that's about as detailed as the hair will be getting, seeing as it looks alot like the side view reference I have, and it's mirrored on both sides of the hair (so I can't detail each bit different). The next version i'll try pointing the eyebrows a bit more, i'll fix the ears, and maybe try detailing the hair a little more.

Best answers
hmm well his nose isnt an exact triangle, if you look closely at your reference picture the nose has a dip in it.
The lines around the eyes need to be a darker colour, and also they dont go around in a complete circle, but only half a circle round the top of the eye.
The face needs to be reshaped at the bottom , chin doesnt come down at such a v shape.
Im looking foward to see the progress this model makes :]

Best answers
well, most of that is model edits, which aren't my place to do etc (btw, it doesn't looks that pointy ingame or in a better model viewer, that's MS3D view). The eyes i'll fix, but they don't have to be darker, on the reference pic there is a shadow over his face.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ3_G0tenks
Big update here people.. well, not so much big.. but good :D

I've completed the first version of the face skin, i'm fairly happy with it, although I can see little bits that may need improving and places where more detail could be put in. Still, it's pretty damn close to the ref pics I went on, so here you go! (go easy, it's my first skin).

My Version

Reference
I might just use one as an avatar! =P

Best answers
Why would you use that as an avatar?
Its the model head.
But it's your you and im me.

Best answers
this is looking very good u guys. :yes:
will u have the shield in glenns sig? or that red one? o_O
also, can u guys come out with the red and blue suits as well?

gj with the model so far guys. :) take ur time and make it as good as possible!
*can wait to see how teen link comes out to be. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom