Lineage 2

Best answers
Ok i just started on lineage 2, currently a lvl 16 darkelf fighter, now i must ask you when does this game get communications man? The players just run by with their own agenda completely avoiding you.

It is like grouping isn't a asset so im just wondering when will i be able to group with people that don't respond with "You want buff 5000 adena!"?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. i havent played lineage 2 since the open beta.

when i played the combat was really slow paced, and the whole skill point thing was retarded. and you moved slow too, but i read in one of the chronicles they updated it and made everything faster? that true?

about grouping... i dont even remember grouping that much, it never really paid of, but i was only like 15sh.

just invest your money in weapons. dont touch armor until you have an awsome weapon.

Best answers
Alright ill do a lowdown on how lineage 2 is now, from what i can tell it is very newbie friendly since chron 5.

As you get in you are brought to a tutorial area where they make you kill goblins until you get a blue gemstone, then they give you soulshots, you speak to the guy beside the newbie guide he gives you soulshots or spirit shots if you are a mystic.

After this they send you to the main town to speak to the newbie guide there telling you where some quests can be located, as you do these quests you gain evenmore soulshots/spirit shots i have heard you can get over 12000 of these things, but they become void at 20 i think?

Once you hit lvl 6 you can speak to Miss Queen, which allows you the choice of a weapon for a ticket you get from her, the weapons are the highest non grade weapons availible, so a lvl 6 is running around with a forest bow, or a long sword etc, they made it very easy for newbies from what i can tell.

The problem i am facing however is no communication, the only time i talked to a player is to join a clan, and even they don't talk?! O and when you hit 8 you get beneficial magic cast on you haste, vampiric rage,shields,run buff etc etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omfg... you get long swords...??

it took me ages just to finance a broad sword.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember playing in the open beta. I got up to a low-teens level, and worked it out that it would take hundreds of monsters worth of xp, and it was doubling every couple levels. Not XP required, but dead monsters my level I would have to kill, one by one, resting in between. Eventually I gave up on leveling and started exploring. I found a route over the mountains from the DEV to the other elf town, where I proceeded to start killing their lowbies. That made it fun again for a while.

On the whole, I would rather play MxO again, even with the melee glitches I saw during a trial they ran (it was actually fine during beta). L2 has too much grinding, an outrageous economy with prices you can never afford without buying in-game currency with real money, and a limited class system; you don't differentiate until high levels, which, thanks to the grinding, take a rediculous amount of time to reach.

They couldn't pay me to play this again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt really enjoy having to wait 5+ minutes every time i killed a creature my level either.

Best answers
Currently the game doesn't have a system like that, that i have seen and yes you can get longswords, they have a quest where you get a blood saber which is close to the power of a longsword so i don't see where the problem is heh.

No melee glitches from what iv seen but plenty of bots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol

lvl65 elf paladin with strider (soon to be wyvern mount) here.

best thing you can do is find a group of friends or something and start a guild. it becomes increasingly more difficult to level up, as a lot of the monsters become aggressive at the higher levels (anything 30+), and theres some which can kill you in moments if your unprepared.

oh and a lot of the boss monsters will just laugh at you if you try it alone.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game does have a bit of an anti-social style to it, with most of the guild/community pushing to the 70s before they start interacting for PvP purposes.

I have a 63 Human Sorcerer myself (many other chars, but feel this is my main), and noticed the higher I got, the more people would ask me for groups, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm.. Having a slightly renewed interest.. I just wonder where I'd begin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh and a lot of the boss monsters will just laugh at you if you try it alone.
That's awesome. Ripping you to shreds would be their next action, right?

Best answers
the only good thing about this game is the style of graphics, and the landscapes are desolate and lame.

the movement in this game is the worst movement system i've pretty much ever seen, like it was built for chinese farmers. which shows bigtime.

also, the combat is really fkn lame. no freedom, constant soulstrikes or whatever they are called, healing potions..

bah.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're referring to having to click soulshot on each attack, you can just right click your soulshot icon on your shortcut bar, and they will be automated.

Best answers
Wow thanks that helps out alot, didn't know i could automate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
depending on which server your playing on, soulshots can be really difficult to get hold of, since you need the right ones for the right weapons. and anything over D grade has to be made by an artisan.

if your on a server which allows massive money and exp drops, like 30x normal or something, its irrelivent, because you can buy soulshots in their millions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom