Line-In Audio lag with windows 7

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have this annoying lag on my audio playback, from a line-in source, which is seriously ****ing annoying. Makes doing what I do a nightmare, between what I instantly hear in my headphones, which plays about 0.4 seconds later through my speakers. Does anyone know what is causing this Line-In lag? I'm not the only one with this problem from what I have googled, just that no-one posted a fix in the threads. Maybe you guys can help me out? Thanks.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Could be the sound card (onboard or card wise) to the software drivers. Any software drivers installed for this? Tried removing it? Tried a different sound card?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could try with my onboard I guess, but I don't think it would change anything :< It's a Windows software fault as far as I can tell

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I do assume you are using the Windows 7 Drivers then for the sound card? I'd always use the official software with it, but you could be already using it. If your on-board is working just fine, then you know where the problem lies :).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yus, I am. Updated and everything. But enabling my onboard requires work!
Isn't it a simple enable option in the BIOS? :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yeah, but requires me to restart my PC :<
You are like my brother with his "uptime" obsession with no reboots ^^, what's so bad about a reboot?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno, I'm not even using my PC right now, using my laptop, but it's the principle T_T It requires me to move out of my currently comfortable position, prance over to my PC, and restart it. Too much loss of energy, my good friend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried with on-board sound, doesn't even seem to work. When I change the settings on my line-in, and apply them, it resets my sound, and there's no audio lag. But then about 2 minutes later, it suddenly lags by about 0.4 seconds. Does anyone know why this is? =s It's seriously frustrating

*edit*

Just tried again with onboard, with my sound blaster disabled. Line-in works, plays through my speakers etc, but the audio lag is still there. My speakers output the sound about 0.3 seconds or so after my mixer does. Halp plix

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What audio hardware are you using to accomplish what?

What latency are you running at? Most audio programs allow you to set your sample buffer length and hence your latency as low as your hardware will allow. I think yours is set too high.

I suggest a program called ASIO (or ASIO4ALL) as a great simple interface for this sort of thing across most of your audio programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom