line effect for basic hits

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think it would look really nice if we could add a special effect to basic melee hits. Heres a pic borrowed from another thread so u can get an idea.

not sure how to post pic, but here is link to the thread
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=711680#post711680

3rd pic down on Mccdbz5's post, you can see goku being hit by burta.

I think they covered the background a bit too much, but i think some of those line effects would look cool .

Lets say the player gets hit by a strong punch or kick, basic melee for example, and when your sent flying, you see that. But not completely covering up the whole background, just some, to give you a feeling that your soaring through the air, and adds a disorienting effect since you were hit by a strong blow.

Best answers
As I said in the other thread, I like the idea of a little effect. Maybe it doesn't have to be lines or streaks of a sort when your hit. It could also be something like this instead if this is better:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I kinda kept my mouth shut about this. But I guess I'll come out and say it....I'm ***....

Haha had ya for a second: Anyway, i hope that this effect will be turnoffable (it's word, it's in the dictionary)

I think this becuase I like to be able to see what's going on around me, incase I need to untrans. The first trans is fine because I'll be invulnerable, but after that I will be able to be hit. And I'd like to be able to see if anyone is coming at me. If it's all blurry like that I won't be able to see.

Lines.... no, I like the way it is now. You get to see what your character is doing, and things around you if you need to so you can plan ahead.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This idea about lines and effects is based towards when you get hit by a basic melee hit, and when your helpless and flying backwards through the air. When you slow back down, the effect goes away.

Mccdbz5 's pic in "this thread" was just showing us another effect without lines , not when your actually standing still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom