Lightwave 7.5 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Hi, you may have seen me posting on the forums recently. Well, I decided to start modeling again and guess what, I am teh C0nfu530r3d. Not really :laff: I have Lightwave 7.5 and stuff, I also followed the low poly tutorial on the website. I think I passed it flawlessly. My only questions are the following.

-Sometimes I get wierd lines in the mesh where it appears to have a see-through crack. I have tried to snap the vertices around the area to fix it, yet there is nothing to snap. How would I fix this?

-Sometimes when I apply a texture, it does not apply correctly, and I am left with a transparent freaky thing going on. How would I fix this also?

-Another thing is, if I want to make a model for ESF, do I need to use lightwave to create the mesh then port it into Milkshape 3D, assign the mesh to a skeleton and then apply the animations from a character, and finally compile it in Milkshape? Could I get specifics on this if I'm correct?

Ok, here is the picture.

Picture

As you can see the odd cracks, and wierd transparency, even though I have it in smooth shaded view. Is there a way to fix this. I may have just hit something wierd because of the hotkeys in lightwave.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This is taken directly from the last step in the tutorial I wrote...

"To finish the model make sure all your points are merged (m). Also check your statistics panel (w) while in polygon mode. This panel will tell you how many polygons you have and what kind they are. If there are any polygons that are made of only one or two points (vertexes) select the plus next to the name and press delete.

"

the things you are seeing are 2 point polygons, which are only lines, to get rid of them follow these steps :).

For the transparent freaky thing, i can't reall see it in your picture except maybe the headtail. If thats what you are refering to, try selecting the headtail (and only the headtail/"transparent") polys and pressing "f". Sometimes you might accidently "f"-Flip the polys inside out, which gives a very strange visual effect.

Best answers
Thank you very much Eclipse. For the help and the tutorial of course =)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes eclipse =D fankee kindly!!!

-closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom