Lightwave 3D, Low poly tutorial.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
In response to Almighty Gir's thread, I figured I would post this thing i wrote like 2 mnths ago for my Freshman Compisition class...it might help, it probably won't, and still no one will know who i am :laff: soooooooo without further ado, here is my lightwave 3d low poly HEAD modeling tutorial.

Lightwave Tut

On a side note this model was going to be fore ESF but I only got about 65% done with it before I quit the team :).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy, maybe we can merge this thread with mine? looks good dude :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill do something with it after i think of a way to organize the current sticky situation here,

the BIG tut sticky is messy and contains alot of dead links, else i wouldve addd girs and your tut to it, yet we cant very well have a sticky for each individual tut, we already have an ample supply of stickys >_>, and id hate to stack more on top of it right now,

we need to reorganize things a bit, ill see what i can do with the place

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats sad news for me mr clipse u quit the team.. ur models are awesome.. hey is ur tien still there for the contest? =D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
if anyone wants to skin i don't see the harm

incase anyone cares, this is where I stopped on the model and for those of you who don't know, which sad to say is about 85% of the forums, This is NOT GG's work and I am NOT GG.

Oh and seriously, don't worry about me being on the team anyway, most people didn't even know I was on the team, let alone that I did any work for it. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i knew too, feel the love embrace joo. anyway that model is pretty nice.. fregin awesome

Force Pit Member
Best answers
it is kinda told,a nd the cape was jsut ripped from my tien, it wasn't edited or adjusted for evil buu, it had about 2 hours more work on him till it was done
that and i have goku, ssj3 goku, gohan, ssj gohan, and burter all wips that will never be finished :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you serious? dang what happened? if u had so many wip and u leave

Force Pit Member
Best answers
meh, i'd rather not really get into that on the forums :). If you want to know or something you can just AIM me, can we get back on topic!!! This is about my uber l33t fkn awesome, indepth, toook me a whole fkn day to write and i hated doing it tutorial I am sharing with you guys!!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya know what ill just go ahad and sticky this, ill deal with the messiness at a later time,

please post any updates to your tut here, if you have or make any

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe... I have to say: Thanks Alot Ecps. ....because the tutorials teached me alot! And i also would be happy if you doin more in the tutorials but u allready shown me ,and some other guys out there, many tools and easy tricks... But its a good way to go out and do things wich would be better for you.... I wish you good luck and Many fun! ;)

" Maybe you show a good render prog. in lightwave 3d or what ever... because it can be useful for me and some other ppl ^^"

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice tut, You should make a full body tut :D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
maybe I will continue making a few tutorials since i seems at least a few people are finding them useful, suggestions on what you want to know? I can do just about everything but get a good render out of lightwave (thats not to say it doesn't make good renders, because it can and does, i just never spent time getting into all that and making it look nice :p).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me basicly a full body tut :D But if you are make it one by one, Torso, Arms + Hands, Leg's Etc...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
thats a hefty order....and would take a while to get indepth with =\......I was thinking more along the lines of:

Intermediates modeling guide (maybe a full bofy of a simpler character so it's not toooooo long or toooooo much work)

Poly reduction, the do's and do not's

UV Mapping for Beginners

any of those (besides the intermediate tut) sound good? Also any idea's, non dbz preferably, for the full body tut?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe a basic rendering tutorial ^^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'll see what i can do about the rendering, maybe jsut show you where everything i know is, and what it does, oi'm not a big render guy i just take take print screens, but i can show how to add lights, light properties, some shortcuts of layout, etc....this is giving me ideas, well see if i can be bothered enuf to acctually do any of them XD

Best answers
it's a really great tutorial,but i think i've done something wrong.there are holes in my model!i tried to flip the edges but it doesn't help.here's a screenshot of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

And then recreate the polys where r those holes in the lines ;) it should help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom