Lightsabre w00t!

Best answers
Hey guys i know that you havent seen me model anything but i decided to "show off" my modeling skillz. Im somewhat of a novice at this but i have been doing stuff for my personal pleasure and for school work. So i present my 1337 lightsabre. I could have colored it n what not but...sad to say i got an illegal operation and lost it so i gotta model it again.. :( But here are some pics i took before it crashed. I was gonna show a before/after thing but ya know that stupid error had to pop up...PLUS i had some great effects going in it too as well as it was tweaked more...DAMNIT!

Edit: O ya and Creditz go to George Lucas for the sabre or something like that. Btw im gonna model Mace Windu's Lightsabre next! :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what is that modeling program? btw, nice but, that sucks that u have to remodel it again. Good Luck. ^^

Best answers
o forgot to mention that. Yes its a model/animating/graphic design program. Its called TrueSpace. Really nice one too. A tad expensive but well worth the time and money. :D :yes:

Best answers
Really?! damn hang on...ill fix it. It will be up within the hour so try back later. ;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
somewhat nice for cylinders. i cant really get an image of a light saber in my head to crit it, but isn't it suppose to have buttons on the side? im not sure. anyways nice saber nelo.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You definately put some effort into it... it looks like a legit lightsaber handle... so I like it XD

8/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like a giant *****. Pretty good job there, NeLo.

Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
OMG! looks good, ive just returned from playing JA and was being angry coz there werent enough sabers to choose form :p hehe

anyway nice!!
is this for the Jedi Knight series???
and if you still play, JA plz add me to MSN
[email protected]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh man really i respect u!!!
i want to know how u can modeling with this programm truespace! ^^ i gonna test it but u got it respect! (nice lightsaber[mdl]) ^^

Best answers
Well im not done but here is what i have on Mace Windu's sabre. Im still tweaking it up a bit and later im hoping to animate it with the sabre on. Just gotta figure out if TrueSpace can do that. If not i may have to get Adobe FX...Or i could ask Masta! i think i might do that heh. So anyway it is.

the bottom still needs tweaking. So be light on the bottom cuz i already know it needs tweaking.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Look's really good. Maybe after you're done we can have a lightsaber duel. :D

G
NeLo said:
Well im not done but here is what i have on Mace Windu's sabre. Im still tweaking it up a bit and later im hoping to animate it with the sabre on. Just gotta figure out if TrueSpace can do that. If not i may have to get Adobe FX...Or i could ask Masta! i think i might do that heh. So anyway it is.
if u r doing it for JK3: JA, (as Mystacx asked), then u dont need 2 mdl the saber bit, cuz its a sprite. but u havent said what ya doing it 4 en all, possibly just practivce, or just 2 look cool? :cool: they B uber sweet lightsaberz :) gj man

Best answers
Actually doing it for myself, umm i havent figured out how to model it for a game. So far its practice + learning how to model. :yes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow... that is a big improvement from the previous one. Your showing a lot of promise... who knows NeLo (ESF Modeling Team)

9/10

Best answers
Wow, it's been ages since I've seen anyone use Truespace. I used to use it back at version 2 and 3 (used to get them free on the cover of PC Plus). It was a fairly decent beginners program, but the mesh editing tools in it sucked like hell, even at version 5. It's definately not designed to make game models in my opinion.

Nice looking model, but unfortunately modelling like that isn't a way to get decent at making game models.

Best answers
Eh who knows if i will actually make game models. What im trying to accomplish is animating it and adding the effects to it like Masta did in his lil short but sweet movie clip. Im thinking he used After FX but seems more complex than that..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if ur putting that much detail into the model, then you should texture it too, that would be uber cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom