Lightsabers or Soul Swords who will win?! Find out in SOUL CALIBUR 4!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Cool....but why?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same reason we've seen Link, Spawn and Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2 I imagine.

Best answers
Okay, uh. We're nine days into the new year. NINE DAYS.

I don't think any other gaming news announcement will be able to top this. This is just... uh, what?

HAS ANYTHING ever come sailing out of left field like this before? Other than, of course, the Solid Snake is Smash Bros announcement.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya not even pikmin being announced for Brawl compares to this!
Well let's not get carried away now!

Graphics look awesome, and is a rather unexpected addition. But I never liked the fighting style of Soul Calibur, Tekken, Dead or Alive, so this holds less of an impact =/.

Now, if Darth Vader was announced for Brawl, heads would be turning like crazy.

edit: Okay that video was pretty badass.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even care about fighting games of Soul Calibur, but I might rent it just to play as yoda or vader.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I guess since Spawn made it into the second, it's not really surprising here. I do think that the characters do not fit in whatsoever, where Link and Spawn actually used weapons that were in the time frame of when Soul Calibur took place. How would futuristic beam sword swinging swordsmen fit anywhere in Soul Calibur. Anyways, that just me.

Apparently the PS3 version will have Vader and the 360 version will have Yoda.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just going to look really weird to see people blocking lightsabers with weapons made of metal

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yah, his shiney blackness goes well with my ps3 and tv...

god this gave me a wtfgasm...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i find it out of place simply because we know, that if you make it more 'realistic' a lightsaber would slice though their swords/bodies would be like ripping tissue paper.

Which sort of kills it for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah.. That kind of ruined JKA as well. You're not supposed to survive a direct hit from a lightsaber.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not that interested in their inclusion. Vader is cool, I don't care much about Yoda. However, they are very out of place in the SC universe, both in design, weaponry and ability, not to mention Yoda's size. The latter will make it even harder for them to balance the game, because every character will need enough low attacks in order to hit him. This is, however, assuming that Yoda walks around like anyone else and doesn't jump around like a big jerk, or float using his Force or something, which would be ridiculous.

I haven't been interested in SC after SC2, which was vastly superior to SC3 in any way, in my opinion. I don't see this changing much.. yet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at the end of the day, anyone who thinks it detracts from the "realism" of the game, should also wonder why anyone can survive a direct hit from siegfrieds weapon, or multiple headshots from kiliks pole etc. without any blood, loss of limbs, or even consciousness...

it's just a bit of added fun for the game, and it's gonna be sweet :D

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
if anyone is worried about realism then disregard the presence of lightsabers in teh first place.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or giant swords, or Nightmare, or Soul swords, or a character who's boobs keep getting bigger, while her clothes keep getting smaller...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom