Best answers
Since ive gained more control over my textures for MDL's and have been doing it for a while im now working on adding extra effects to models for ESF, i have no problem adding extra pieces such as animating/bone structure for the SsJ3 which look cool in my oppinion :rolleyes: im making an evolution pack for ESF that adds a transformable stage for Ssj2 and then Ssj3 but theres one problem im having with adding a lightning effect to the Ssj2 because ive not long started i need information on adding lightning effects that emmit off a model now at first i gathered i cud add sprites in the animation of the MDL im changing but the problem is do i a) add the lightning as sprites or b) change the animation to make the lightning (such ass goku's transformation) if any one can give me tips or even find me a tutorial on making this effect that i need id be incredulously grateful.

*By no means am i trying to offend the ESF team, breach their copyrights over their mod or change anything with intent on profit from any third party* just to make that clear :)

regards

p.s even if the new ESF to come will contain this effect it will be a self accomplishment that i would enjoy looking into and would give me more satisfaction that i can do it myself :]

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thats good news.

More eye candy for esf :):):):):)

Best answers
WOWO_O This is going to me the best pack ever!!! What kind of midels are you going to add into this pack? and by the way how are you going to make it so the models can transform to ssj2 and ssj3?

Wise Master

W
Isn't that suppose to be coded??????? and if there's going to be Ssj2 and Ssj3 it's going to be on animation like you transform it goes ssj and then it loads the ssj2 model and it finish's on ssj2.I guess you can do that and if you want Ssj3 you can do the thing of animation.But if you want perfect transformations you will have to code for that....

Best answers
i do know that ;)

Simple things im adding are :

-new sound pack
-new textures for some models
-coded transformations (simple enough to do, if i set the power bar to be continue growing through each stage instead of stopping, and then if im correct, set the transformation power level variable to say 6mil or summat then it shud work, changing the model and speed wont really cause a problem but new attacks might... so ill skip that out.
-hopefully a new hud
-radiitz (in replacement of kurririn or sumin.. i might be able to setit so theres an extra character... i dunno..)

Dont forget i go to university and i have a job so this aint gonna be sumin finished in a week or so to speek ;)

Best answers
wow if u can do this it will be sweet!(but dont u need the esf teams permishion to code it or somethin?)

good luck buddy!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uum.. i didnt make the lightning aura, but i aint helping because its still dbz ^_^
anyways, sounds like a really nice idea, i hope to see progress from this :p

Wise Master

W
Yeah he does need the team permission to recode the transformations.If this get's accomplished it will be the ultimate sweet thing for ESF.

Best answers
man that sounds awesome man! but yeah im positive some1 made a lighting aura, try search im sure ull find it? great idea though!

Best answers
Thats perfect, because the major details i wanted to add was the transformations, i mean yeh i will be contacting mastersurf shortly but by no means am i trying to show the ESF team how to make something or even topple what they plan to create in the near future.
I will however be cracking on with the aura later tonight when i set my new PC up as a test server but any other progress i will be showing on my design website when its launched early next week.

Peace out, ciao ;)

Best answers
Lightning effects? Well, if you look at the SSJ2 aura that has been released, you'll see it has lightning surrounding it. The guy who made it (I forget who made it) added little lightning bolt models around the main aura model, making it look like a SSJ2 aura. You could do that unless you want a more "realistic" effect, which I can't help you with.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Wing Zero 0
The guy who made it (I forget who made it) added little lightning bolt models around the main aura model, making it look like a SSJ2 aura.
The guy who did it was AscencionX. Try to PM him if you want to learn how to do the lightning effects....But i think you shoild work with the team for stuff like that because it seems like your creating a new version of ESF. Not saying that they'll have a problem with it but instead of releasing it aside from one of their beta upgrades, you can release it with their upgrades.:p

Best answers
Ok ive looked more into the lightning issue, ive been tinkering about with making sprite effects travel around the Ssj and also enhancing (Not ballooning) the muscles to a pumped up stage (See Gohan, cell games saga) this is looking good so far but it may take atleast 10 frames to make the lightning look authentic.. ill keep u guys dated on the effects and screen shots etc will come

Regards ;)

Best answers
its i guess for beta 1.3 because i get the news from mastasurf on ICQ

Best answers
lol so u think just because uve already done im gonna stop? haha :p yeh right m8 ;)

besides im alot more skilled then u think lol :rolleyes:

Best answers
Good Try Dude,
but never call it Evolution

If you think you are skilled enough to code this alone, then we will see it in a few months. :devgrin:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O O_O O_O o_O WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THAT IS SO o_o DARN COOL!!!!!!
Except i should change the lighningt effect a bit, if u keep seeing that circle of lightning it would get anoying, and myabe a bit to much lightning with ssj 3

but if this thingy comes out (dunno what to call it , is it a kind of mod:scared: ??) will you be able to play on normal servers??

anyways keep it up :):smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom