Lighting!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've mentioned this in the past hoping it would be changed.. but it hasn't.
-----------------------

The latest video with Vegeta was amazing. The thing that keeps coming back into play is getting the lighting right. I know ESF is going for a more realistic feel, but the beams/transformations/auras etc would be much more accentuated and have a more dramatic feel if the lighting was done right...

Here are two examples from the anime where the deep contrast in lighting helps emphasize the scene...

And here are two examples where I did quick drawovers to illustrate what could be changed with the current lighting. If you don't get it, let me know.. I feel it's REALLY important to getting the right DBZ feel.

Best answers
the pics from the anime are great but the pics from the game are looking quite dumb sorry this is just my opinion :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean if you added a glow from the orbs it wouldn't look bad. But its just the mspaint job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it was just a quick ms paint drawover to make a point.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless the lighting emits on to the environment as well as the character, I'm against the suggestion. It'll look really, really weird if the lighting just applied to the character.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that is what we are going for. The lighting to shine all around. But I believe we seen that happening in an earlier video.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really DS. I don't know if we can do this without causing serious FPS loss. If it were a newer implementation of open GL I'd say it'd easily done, but...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Karrde: Well I'm all for getting a bit beefier of a computer to handle a better looking game. It can be something that is toggled.
And yes, of course it would be something that is applied to the environment as well as the character.

I just strongly feel that that type of environmental lighting brings quite a large impact in terms of conveying power and dramatizing the scene... and an overall more accurate portrayal of the series.

I can't imagine an anime without it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Not really DS. I don't know if we can do this without causing serious FPS loss. If it were a newer implementation of open GL I'd say it'd easily done, but...
To buggery with the FPS loss! Just have it as a toggled option, eventually everyone here will upgrade at some point or another to take advantage of it anyway, either by there old system failing or simply upgrading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom