Life Source turned into a "commodity"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The Water Restoration Act of 2007, along with others, gives the federal government complete control over every waterway, river, stream, lake, aquifer, creek, slew, swamp, underground spring and even the rain that runs off your roof. Why? Well to better protect you from polluters and to ensure water safety, and of course “national security”.

Here’s the real deal. Oil which has been deemed the worlds most valuable commodity (remember that word) is quickly being replaced by water. Water is the new “gold”. Under the Public Trust doctrine, the government is prohibited from converting something such as water (a human right…we can’t live without it) to a commodity. It must remain in a public trust, meaning that it is so important to our survival that it should never be subjected to markets, trading or private interests. In other words, it should never be reclassified as a commodity. But this Act lays the groundwork for removing from the Public Trust this basic human right which is a necessity, and will facilitate it being reclassified a “needed commodity”. Enter the multi-national corporations.
I haven't heard about this until today, only 8 more months until 2009 folks

:notice:http://waronyou.com/2008/04/siezing-waterthe-water-restoration-act-of-2007/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does this have to do with 2009? And I would hardly call waronyou.com a reliable source.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Water Restoration Act of 2007, along with others, gives the federal government complete control over every waterway, river, stream, lake, aquifer, creek, slew, swamp, underground spring and even the rain that runs off your roof.
They have to do this now because people don't seem to realize we are running out of water on the planet and people are just now starting to go "oh **** we are running out of water!" Thus the government and many companies are scrambling to find ways to replenish the water thats being used because right now we are using more then is naturally being produced. As a matter of fact there has been quite a lot of breakthroughs in the field of water processing and filtration in the last couple years because of government action and such.

People fail to realize that streams, lakes and the like only make up about 0.01% of the freshwater on the planet. If you were to put it into percentage of all the planet its closer to 0.00001% of all the water on the planet.
Thats not a lot and what little we have needs to be maintained unless you really want to be live on planet Arrakis.

If you want to be scared about something Jinx you should actually look up the current state of the natural water systems on Earth. It's way more scary then stupid government conspiracy's like this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really. Really. REALLY. Hate the irony that we are low on water, when the majority of the ****ing planet is water. Yeah I know it's unusable, but what the hell.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They have to do this now because people don't seem to realize we are running out of water on the planet and people are just now starting to go "oh **** we are running out of water!" Thus the government and many companies are scrambling to find ways to replenish the water thats being used because right now we are using more then is naturally being produced. As a matter of fact there has been quite a lot of breakthroughs in the field of water processing and filtration in the last couple years because of government action and such.

People fail to realize that streams, lakes and the like only make up about 0.01% of the freshwater on the planet. If you were to put it into percentage of all the planet its closer to 0.00001% of all the water on the planet.
Thats not a lot and what little we have needs to be maintained unless you really want to be live on planet Arrakis.

If you want to be scared about something Jinx you should actually look up the current state of the natural water systems on Earth. It's way more scary then stupid government conspiracy's like this.
It's not amount of water on the planet I'm worried about.. It's who it's controlled and facilitated by before it reaches us.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Is it controlled by the Reptiles?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going to troll, do it right, the greys are subservient to the reptilians...

And actually, let's just drop that business altogether.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hold.

how are we running out of water? wouldnt it be a simple matter to filter out the ocean water?

i had high hopes for that INSANE-O-FILTER that was presented on the colbert report.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Salt-water destilation is a very expensive process, not all countries can afford it. And I'm not sure that colbert filter can filter salt-water. If it could, it would've been a much bigger deal.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it can.

I'm not convinced on the practicality of the machine, though. We don't know enough about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Salt-water destilation is a very expensive process, not all countries can afford it. And I'm not sure that colbert filter can filter salt-water. If it could, it would've been a much bigger deal.
A Brita-filter can filter out salt water but it just isn't effective for the mass volumes needed to support an area.

And when it comes to running out of water it's not like you think it will be. Tap water won't suddenly vanish one day. What actually happens is that farmers have to spend more on irrigation and thus produce less crop.

If the modern world faces a water shortage we won't run out water to drink. We will run out food to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom