"level up" system

Best answers
in the half life mod, dragonmod z something like every kill gave you a level up, at which point you where giving a choice to increase your attack strength your defense strength or your speed(i havent played this in a while but i remember a few points about it) how about doing this in this mod? wouldnt be to complicated, in dragon mod z you would get the standered number press menu exactly like the bot menu now for ESF asking which one to improve. this would be interesting if not good to see in this game.

Best answers
Yes it would be interesting... But is it possible that it will be in???

Alsow... it sould be not after 1 kill.... after mabe 15?

And how mutch would it increas?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not against it.. seems dmz is no longer here

Best answers
theres the phrase deminishing returns.... basicly... at first it would be after every kill, but then every other kill, every five kills, every ten kills and so on...

as far as increases, a little bit, so it will only be obvious after you but like 10 points or so in it

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We already have a pl system which works fine. No point in changing something that works.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
However, tuning it, to make it even better wouldn't hurt. Right the only your pl goes up, when fighting. I'd like to see something new.

The DMZ system wasn't all that bad, but we need something better then that. I'd say, throw in some ideas.

Best answers
Yeah i agree just killing wihtout much of a reward just stinks. Implementing this would be alot more funner and make it like a contest.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well not exactly, but you would have players with completely different skills. Some would be very fast, others would have lot's of strength, etc. This would really add to the gameplay, instead of stats that are allready decided when you transform.

Best answers
Maybe if u made it Another Gametype "Level Up Mode" or "Build Your Power Mode" same idea just as a gametype instead

Best answers
I'm not fully against the idea but , how would you regulate your stats?
Because ESF 1.2 is slowed down enough without every 5 kills haveing to stop to regulate stat points and sutch , also I can see this being a big point abused by hackers...

Best answers
in DMZ you would level up by hitting the corrisponding number, like the bot menu now... it dosnt get in the way at all, unless your trying to select an attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea, but it needs to be altered. How about this, at first you need 5 kills to go up a level, and it doesn't give you more strength, but it helps you increase pl faster! Second level would be 10 kills, third would be 15, fourth could be 20 and finally the highest level could be 25. This should be optional of course, but it seems to be a good idea =D

Best answers
i like the idea of it being a seperate game mode, then the pl system could work side by side with the new system

say build up speed with i dunno vegeta then go ssj when u have the pl

Best answers
Avenger said:
I like this idea, but it needs to be altered. How about this, at first you need 5 kills to go up a level, and it doesn't give you more strength, but it helps you increase pl faster! Second level would be 10 kills, third would be 15, fourth could be 20 and finally the highest level could be 25. This should be optional of course, but it seems to be a good idea =D
how about i change you idea a little bit hehehe, not trying to be mean just to let you know

every kill still ups your power level... but you still get the level up point thing every so often but at longer and longer intervals, ie deminishing returns

Best answers
in dmz it actually went by power level after a certain power elvel was achieved you would be given a stat point to put in either power,endurance or speed

Best answers
Hrmm...this thread was about 3 weeks dead...usually a good idea to let them rest after that.

Anyways, on topic...it wouldn't work with ESF the way it is. It would be a fundamental change to the system. As a gamemode, it might have promise, but if it becomes a core component of the gameplay, that would be a bad idea.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like something out of an rpg. I don't think it suits ESF which is about fighting game and not an rpg

Best answers
this is a great idea. If you say this is an RPG idea you are wrong. If you have played DBZ budokai 3, you would know there is a feature in that game where you can level up custom characters, fighting battles for experiance in single player or "Dragon Arena" where you can level up and choose stat points to make a unique character. This is a great idea, it is also in another HL mod, natural selection, in combat mode you can choose your level up upgrades to customise your character. I sugest these stats:
Health: Increases Max HP
KI: Increases Max KI
Speed: Increases Max Speed
Attack: Increases the damage mellee attacks do
Energy Attack: Increases the damage energy attacks do
CF Reduction: Each level reduces the PL required for transformation by 10,000 or so
PL Masking: Each level reduces size of dot on radar. Eventually dimishes to nothing

Every kill gives you experiance, you have a little XP bar at the bottom of HUD like in natural selection. Higher levels will take more XP to fill the bar obv. Thoughts?

Best answers
CF Reduction: Each level reduces the PL required for transformation by 10,000 or so
Da ya know ... That curently it dosent cost any ki.. Just you have full ki... And you get max ki pluss... So you dont have max ki...

In other words.. You dont lose ki You bet max ki biger :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like something out of an rpg. I don't think it suits ESF which is about fighting game and not an rpg
well theyd made a great rpg out of dbz im sure esf would make a way better rpg but i dont like that idea anyway normal deathmatch for me all the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom