Les Paul dies.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
A sad day for guitarists, the inventor of one of the best brands of guitars in the world has passed away.
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Les Paul, who invented the solid-body electric guitar later wielded by a legion of rock 'n' roll greats, died Thursday of complications from pneumonia. He was 94.

According to Gibson Guitar, Paul died at White Plains Hospital. His family and friends were by his side.

As an inventor, Paul also helped bring about the rise of rock 'n' roll with multitrack recording, which enables artists to record different instruments at different times, sing harmony with themselves, and then carefully balance the tracks in the finished recording.

The use of electric guitar gained popularity in the mid-to-late 1940s, and then exploded with the advent of rock in the mid-'50s.

"Suddenly, it was recognized that power was a very important part of music," Paul once said. "To have the dynamics, to have the way of expressing yourself beyond the normal limits of an unamplified instrument, was incredible. Today a guy wouldn't think of singing a song on a stage without a microphone and a sound system."

"Without Les Paul, we would not have rock and roll as we know it," said Terry Stewart, president of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. "His inventions created the infrastructure for the music and his playing style will ripple through generations. He was truly an architect of rock and roll."
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_en_mu/us_obit_les_paul

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never heared of him even tho I'm a guitarist... ;/ And still FFS he died? "People die every day" That's sometimes sad, sometimes happy. It's all the same to me

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, you ever heard of a Gibson Les Paul or an Epiphone Les Paul? Whatcha think the LP stands for, buddy?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never mind "sad day for guitarists"; being a major contributing force to multi-track recording means a VERY great deal to all sorts of musicians and performers.

Rest in peace, sir.

Best answers
god bless his soul, he was a great man among exceptional beings.

Best answers
I dont even know how to play guitar.. and I definitely know who Les Paul is.

You sir, have never played Guitar Hero.. haven't you?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I salute his work, Les Paul's are pretty cool guitars (despite me preferring the SG slightly).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fair enough, just look at your sig then. Hetfield is playing a Les Paul in it.
Actually I think that's his custom LTD/ESP, but the model is definitely based off of an LP.

RIP Les.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'twas sad news indeed, i cracked open a can for him and played the night away =]

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dragonball96 said:
Never heared of him even tho I'm a guitarist...
Les Paul type guitars are preety much the best out there.

The man was a legend. Not much more i can say :(

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Les Paul type guitars are preety much the best out there.

The man was a legend. Not much more i can say :(
Debatable that they are THE best, but they are certainly top tier and you can't go wrong with one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I too am a guitarist and didn't know of his existence until about a month ago, I was shocked to hear about his death, without him Rock 'n Roll wouldn't be the same at all. unfortunetly everyone dies, no one can beat the test of time...RIP Les Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom