legal problems with my mod....

Best answers
People have been saying that I need to get permission from the companies of the other Animes that I am basing my mod on (manga madness mod for HL)
or it would be illeagal and I heard from elsewere that you can do ANY mod as long as you dont make money from it... this makes sense, because it is just like fanfic, or fanart, just a fan-mod. See my point?

Best answers
i know,just as long as it isnt for self-profit it is legal

example: This one,does the ESF team make lots of money from the game itself?Did they ask permission?The answers already been here all the time....hehe didn't realize that until now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, Theres no issue with it really, go look at agct anouther anime mod, but for unreal 2k3, I very much they will get shut down, same with your mod, since anime is not a big game thing..o_o

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The last thing you want to do is ask permission, and I hate to say that, but I can't stress it enough. If you tell them about your mod, they're likely to start keeping an eye on it, and that'll cause trouble. I heard that the only reason BFP was singled out last time is because of a rumor that they were going to cell CD copies of the mod after it left Beta, but somehow I doubt that. Don't ask, don't tell, it'll be fine.

Best answers
True,after you tell them you are making a mod based on {subject here} and next thing you know they are controlling you to make the mod in order to make THEM money

Even worse,you dont get 50% of the share,and you came up with the idea.Keep your piehole sealed and the mod shall go a-okay

Best answers
this is what I thought too. But EVERYONE at planethalflife said that I needed too, and the TriForce mod has a opening page saying if they were nintendo people, they couldnt getw into the site :talk: hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom