Legal Funding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I realize that asking money for a mod based on a copyrighted and trademarked theme is illegal. I realize that making a kickstarter to help support this mod would similarly be illegal. Is there no way to make a paypal button so that we could donate money "because reasons" without it being illegal?

I want to support the people helping to make esf happen. I realize they all have jobs, and have to dedicate time to that. I wish to assist in easing their lives a little bit so that they can focus on things that are more relevant to my interests *cough*.

Specifically asking for donations because of this project would be against the law, but is having a paypal button on the site so that I may casually contribute to - but not pay for - this mod out of the question?

Anyone here know how legally feasible this idea is?

I'm not a coder anymore, similarly don't have time to dedicate to re-learning programming or modelling, but I want to support the people who are working on this.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The project can be shut down by Funimation at any time, it doesn't matter if the ESF Team makes no money off of the game. If they started to accept donations, they're that much more likely to incur the wrath of Funimation. It's just not worth it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time we had a "donate" button was when we were paying for the server costs with those donations. Since we no longer need to pay for the server (THX a lot fuzzy) we no longer have a donate button.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If all the proceeds went directly -into- the game, then at the very least they shouldn't be at risk of being sued. Just uncategorically shut the **** down by the wrath of all anime/cartoon producers.

But in all seriousness, should we not be considering something like this? We have seemed to reach a point where there's a much greater chance of the mod never being released than contrary. Maybe a donation rally to hire some developing support? I'd be willing to find a way to donate, myself.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could try doing things in private.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alas. I just wanna' help, y'know?
The best way to help is to learn how do a few things they need in team to help them release faster. If you go to the main page and look at what is needed, you could start from there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to crack at you ds, but it would take a very long time for an amateur to get to the point required for pretty much anything that needs work.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't mean to crack at you ds, but it would take a very long time for an amateur to get to the point required for pretty much anything that needs work.
Not really , I'm learning 3ds now , and i got to a decent level in 2 months from totally not knowing anything. I still gotta learn much , but anyways, if you want you can do it.

Best answers
What if you made a private page elsewhere such as another site or someones blog renamed as a charity donation for a noble cause?Being private will allow only those interested to donate and no one would be deceived because those who can see it know what they are donating for and other people just don't have acces to it in the first place,not even seeing it.I know it's tricky and there would be more to take into consideration than this, but you get the ideea.
Esf really needs help and it's just not fair that we can't donate for it.At this rate who knows when it will be released.I know you guys are doing this in your free time and only God knows how much I respect and appreciate that but you have to admitt that a donation is necesary and you need help with this.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team is doing this as a hobby in their free time and that's the way they like doing it

That's the basics of it

Besides money won't change anything, you can't provide enough for the team to quit their jobs

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking more incentive to hire some work out.

And gtfo this ***** Dev, man. Go do that WIP feature video I asked for.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You should do that. I mean, the Japanese have never been really known to be almost fanatically over-protective of their IP.

Right?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What was that supposed to point out?

It is an atrocity but as far as I know it had permission to be made and use names and terms that belong to the show and to make money off of it.

When I say fanatic defending of IP's I'm referring to SEGA Japan taking down videos and closing accounts just for mentioning a certain game as in that author only mentioned it, boom copyright infringement. Waddup!?

Nintendo thinking about banning videos that cover their games, basically giving them free advertising of their products but nope. Also not to mention flat out ignoring anything that is either a suggestion or criticism that comes from the west, like I don't know, make some new games for a chance.

Don't even get me started on Namco Bandai or on any of the majour companies that own property that gets distributed on television.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has been answered, Further discussion isn't required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom