Legacy of Kain : Defiance [possible spoilers]

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just wondering if anyone of you guys playd it?

I just finished it recently and i like the story how it coninues. Only the ending disapointed me. Raziel getting absorbed by the reaver.

Anyhow post your thoughts on the game :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the best damn action/adventure games I've ever played. Hurling enemies using telekeniesis so they fall into a bottomless pit or are impaled...Sucking Blood...Unleashing an unhealthy amount of bone-crushing sombos on guards....Reaver spells...The voices..

My favorite reavers, which belong to Kain, are the Dimensional Reaver and the Time Reaver, especially when using codes =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I got this game and never beat it. Dunno why, I should pick it up and play it sometime...

The reavers pwned all. Heh, the main reason I chose Kain as my name cause I thought Raziel was kain, i think kain looks stoopid.

Just imagine... Razielnation... thats pathetic D:

anyways, back on track, isnt it more of a puzzle game? with a lot of action?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the legacy of kain series is my favorite EVER series. i think majin you, and i, have both had such long discussions over the story, and its endless twists, turns, and time travel!

if you do play through the game fully (after playing soul reaver 1 and 2) you will feel a new level of both hate, and respect for kain, and at the same time, know that he's always had the best interests of both raziel and nosgoth at heart.

not to mention, you will cry :( i did...

(tried to keep that spoiler proof)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
the legacy of kain series is my favorite EVER series. i think majin you, and i, have both had such long discussions over the story, and its endless twists, turns, and time travel!

if you do play through the game fully (after playing soul reaver 1 and 2) you will feel a new level of both hate, and respect for kain, and at the same time, know that he's always had the best interests of both raziel and nosgoth at heart.

not to mention, you will cry :( i did...

(tried to keep that spoiler proof)
Oh, there's no "I think" about it, my friend. We did, indeed, have several long discussions (with DP, I believe) about the LoK story (quite possibly the best story original to a series of games, in my opinion). However, I can't admit I ever really had a hatred for Kain - enigmatic characters like him always keep me glued to a story, heh.

Defiance, itself, is a very good game. They really took a solid stab at adding a bit more to the combat system in this one, as well, it was neat to be able to play as both of the story's central characters. There is also one particular point in the game that, in my opinion, is one of the most epic scenes in any game I've played recently (Axman should know which part I'm talking about =] ). On its own, I find Defiance to be a very engaging game. I quite enjoyed it. However, I do believe that it is that much better if you play through the previous LoK titles and complete the experience with Defiance.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I own the original LoK. (Liked it, but it was scary! :x Never beat it!)

I rented LoK2, which I loved, and beat. Stealth kills for the win!
I rented LoK:Defiance, but near the end the friggin' thing corrupted my save file!

Didn't have the heart to play it over again. I like Kain a lot. He's an awesome character. I don't really care for Razael(sp?) at all, though. :/

Best answers
I LOVED Defiance, it is one of my favorite games. I loved the ending too, but that's just me. The story line of the entire LoK series is fascinating to say the least.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now I wanna play this, it's for Pc right? (too damn lazy to check for myself)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ps2, X Box, and PC

But good boys get it for PS2

Even if they don't have a PS2 =X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was it really THAT good of a game? I had fun playing it but I never thought it'd be this good. Now im REALLY urging to go play righht now o_O

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Was it really THAT good of a game? I had fun playing it but I never thought it'd be this good. Now im REALLY urging to go play righht now o_O
The story made that game, imo. The gameplay is good, don't get me wrong; it's just not the most original gameplay. Regardless of that, I still enjoyed all aspects of the game a lot, though particular emphasis is on the story (when the story is linked up to the previous titles, of course).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
The story made that game, imo. The gameplay is good, don't get me wrong; it's just not the most original gameplay. Regardless of that, I still enjoyed all aspects of the game a lot, though particular emphasis is on the story (when the story is linked up to the previous titles, of course).
Totaly correct. I saw Soul Reaver 1 on a friends PS1. Liked the story so mutch that i got the other games. The onlyone i didnt play was Blod Omen 1

Also the voice acting in this game is just great. The characters voices didnt change actors throout the entire series.
I also like hte fact that you get to kill your human self in Soul reaver 2. And in Defiance you finaly get to kill the other guy who threw you into the abys.

As for the fighting system. Its very fastpaced. But sadly the moves of Raziel and Kain are identical.

Favorite weapons.

Kain: Dimensional Reaver
Raziel: Fire Reaver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom