Left 4 Dead = 50% off this weekend

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57237

I'm tempted; while I don't see as much in this game as a lot of people, apparently, do, $25 isn't bad for a Valve title that's only a few months old.

Just figured I'd relay this PSA for people who haven't heard and/or are still on the fence about whether or not to get L4D due to its (normally) hefty price tag.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey thanks for the info man, I'll defnatly think about it, I was thinking on buying this for some time but 50 dollars is way to expensive for such a game.

Edit: just checked on steam, its 22 dollars right now, not 25.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't like the euro prices at steam, it used to be fair and sold everything at the same price, but now instead of dollars, i have to pay the same amount in euros >_>

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Edit: just checked on steam, its 22 dollars right now, not 25.
Still says "$24.99" for me. That'll be in US Dollars, so I imagine there'll be some variation depending on where you live/what currency Steam displays in.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ups sorry, my mistake, its 22,5 €

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Totally getting this game now!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
22,5 euro's is 29,0205 U.S. dollars. I find it retarded that you are forced to pay in currency of your own country. Steam / Valve games used to be good. But lately, they are very hungry getting as much money as possible.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
22,5 euro's is 29,0205 U.S. dollars. I find it retarded that you are forced to pay in currency of your own country. Steam / Valve games used to be good. But lately, they are very hungry getting as much money as possible.
Yes it's stupid, doesn't make any sense, still this game is on stores in my country for 50€. Still I didnt buy it yet because it seems that there is a problem with my steam, when trying to enter the purchase TAB it just says there is an error and that I should contact steam support, wich I already did 12 hours ago, and no answer so far.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does that mean we can ride off to zombie hell and start some havoc?

Please say yes, Maj. <3

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're joking right? British pounds? 13,5 british pounds are 15 €. How can the diference be so big ???

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I ment the difference between 15€ and 22,5€

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So I take it I can't get it for the sexbox for that price eh?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I caved in and bought it. I don't think I'll be able to seriously play it until tuesday, but I'm looking forward to it.

First impressions are infuriating, though. I don't think words can accurately describe how much I hate the fact that there's no server browser. I've been unable to connect to servers, been connected to full servers, and sometimes just thrown back to the main menu without any reason given. I think at least 3/4ths of my attempts to find a game in progress result in failure, and game lobbies take 10+ minutes to find a game. It wouldn't mind that bad, but every time you go to play campaign, all of your options get reset.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you buy it just on the steam website? I don't have steam installed on my Mac atm.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought Steam had a better support service, I continue having an internal error. They will problably fix it when the game gets back to it's normal price, that way I can send them an e-mail telling them:

"8===D"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom