Learning to skin...slowly

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well I been working on this a good bit today :S. But yeah, trying to skin my vegeta model for ESF.......so yep yep.....here goes the image. Btw thnx to smo for the color palette. Oh and of course it's a WIP.

The French Revolution:

Best answers
well i like it, not much to crit tho, maybe make the line above the eye brow a little less defined but im not completely sure, i shape doesnt look right to me but i dont have any refs on hand to look at but nice work so far

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Who made that Vegeta model man its awsome!Ok back on topic.....
That skin is great man and your considered a n00b at skinning......BTW is that the default Vegeta model?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Oh i forgot to say, I made EVERYTHING there :). Model, skinmap, and skin :). And yah this might be my 5thh attempt at skinning, so I'm still very much a n00b. :).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hmmmm.....YOU MAYBE RIGHT SIR!Lol Im an idiot for not noticing that :p

Best answers
erm whats the big lip for, he looks like an angry baby who didn't get his bottle of milk :shocked:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
he didn't get his cigerette so he is sad.....wouldn't you be too?

Best answers
LOL, yep i would be sad 2 :'(, anyway for one of your first skins that's dam good, much better then my try's, looks good, though it looks the same colour as the krillen u and smo did :/, gj dude!

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Looks pretty good. The only thing you might want to add is some highlights in places (thats if you're wanting a more contrastitive skin other wise leave it as is :) )

Best answers
well following eclipses international theme I couldn't help myself.... n yes its mirrored because I'm lazy

wicked model eclipse ,, with the skin depends on how your gonna take it,,, looks very smoish atm ,, but depend the shadows a lil and work on highlights and details I guess. I am not a super skinner either but its sure fun

Show

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well I'm not quite sure where to add the xtra shodows and highlights :S. I hae tried a few times but it always turned out craps....The skintones are the same because i used the same color palette as mentioned before. This was to give consistancy throught the esf skins :). And yeah it resimbles his skin style because i learned by watching him :).

Showster....what can i say besides O_O......AWESOMENESSS!!!!!!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hey , nice going Eclipse , if you;l be keeping this up youl be a great skinner fast =D , and the sec i saw this pic i knew it had something to do with smo's help hehe

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well acctualy he hasn't helped me with the skin, just model edits, he keeps making me work on it, i jsut used his color palette and watched him skin krillin :S. But yeah it definately has a Smo influance :S.

Best answers
sweet! i have been attempting to skin good for like 1 year and you have paced me lol :D love the skin man looks great :D

i havnt got any crits because it looks so great :D

*give Eclipse a cookie* :D

err you said you watched smo skin his krillin? does that mean you live in the same house ? (sorry if thats a stupid question :p hehe)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sephiroth_nightmare said:
sweet! i have been attempting to skin good for like 1 year and you have paced me lol :D love the skin man looks great :D

i havnt got any crits because it looks so great :D

*give Eclipse a cookie* :D

err you said you watched smo skin his krillin? does that mean you live in the same house ? (sorry if thats a stupid question :p hehe)
yeah Eclipse goes to Australia to watch smo skin Krilin lol

but i m just exited that for hes 5th attemp it looks good ... i know how some people try to START skining for years and some eaven fail after so much time (no offence to them) and i watch how Eclipse skins this and it touches my soul*
good work Eclipse , its realy good!!!

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Eclipse said:
Well I'm not quite sure where to add the xtra shodows and highlights :S. I hae tried a few times but it always turned out craps....The skintones are the same because i used the same color palette as mentioned before. This was to give consistancy throught the esf skins :). And yeah it resimbles his skin style because i learned by watching him :).

Showster....what can i say besides O_O......AWESOMENESSS!!!!!!
Actually i think Smo changed the way he skins quite a bit for that Krillin. I remember most of his skins having darker and sharper burned bits and alot lighter...erm highlights :)

As for where to add the highlights what i normally do i pick an even reference spot on the face and anything which is "higher" gets a certain amount of dodge according to how much higher it is than the reference spot. Likewise do the same for the darker areas according to how much lower other parts are AND according to what higher parts may be casting a shadow (e.g. The lower lip casts a bit of shadow just under it/above the chin)

Usually with faces its best not to have it too contrastitive (ie not as much as the rest of the body), but still consistent color wise with the rest of the body.

Anyway those are the rules i follow :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yer all brush now ;/ and yes eclipse lives with me hence why we are working together so much

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awesome work eclipse!!!
maby bring the pupils a lil closer to each other, it might look better
other then that, it owns!
it's great that youve start skinning man ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom