LBP Delayed - In game song lyrics quote the Qur'an.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an," admitted the company in a statement.

"We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused."
Source.

This blows, because I was really looking forward to this Tuesday, but all indications show the delay is only going to be about a week or so.

In any event, the reviews have all been positive, with scores ranging from 9/10 - 10/10.

I just want to make some damn levels already.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I actually laughed out loud at that. How does something like that just slip in? xD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless the expression is, "KILL EVERYONE!", what's the big deal? What? Both expressions basically say "KILL EVERYONE!"? Well, ****.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's ridiculous. With Fable II, Saints Row, and Spider-Man Web of Shadows all around the same time, I do not have the funds to get LBP, so I was gonna rent it. I wonder if the verses were from the Bible, would they have to delay it.

****, this must be frustrating for serious LBP fans.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's ridiculous. With Fable II, Saints Row, and Spider-Man Web of Shadows all around the same time, I do not have the funds to get LBP, so I was gonna rent it. I am now curious to what the two lines were and how serious they were to delay a game for this long.
inside the link it says:

The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

Thanks to NSider for providing the link and translation.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank god they decided to release a patch fixing this!

In all seriousness, why the hell didn't they just release a patch?

Sure, those are offensive lyrics for a rated E game (I think it's rated E?) but why couldn't they just release a patch? Sure, some of these people don't have PSN, but will they really notice the song?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those lyrics surely would turn law-abiding citizen into blood thirsty islamic terrorists subliminally.
I'm glad they noticed this in time, before any serious damage was done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's ridiculous. With Fable II, Saints Row, and Spider-Man Web of Shadows all around the same time, I do not have the funds to get LBP, so I was gonna rent it. I wonder if the verses were from the Bible, would they have to delay it.

****, this must be frustrating for serious LBP fans.
Saints Row and Spider-Man?

Ahem.

Dead Space, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Mirror's Edge and Gears of War 2 > Saints Row and Spider-Man.

:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom