Layout.. need some ideas!, come in and help :D

Best answers
okay i made a layout for an art site.. the site is not made yet so dont mind the adresse its a test version this is my first layout ever done so.. and i know its very simple and all but i dont care.. its a layout.. not a piece of advanced art

i just need some suggestions to make it better so plz give some ideas if u like

a picture? boarders? new texture? etc etc etc...

Best answers
Don't use filters or textures unless you have to. Pick a font for your logo and use that only for your logo. Preferrably, pick a font that doesn't badly attempt to represent any form of handwriting. If you want a handwritten logo, draw it by hand. Text size indicates importance, your navigation should therefore not be the same size as your site name, or at least not the same weight.

It would help a lot if we knew what your website was for as well. Any type of design should be highly specialized to the information it communicates.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bad layout, bad color scheme... please just start over.

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
lol.. i guess u are not good at helping :D well nm... :)

so what u guys are saying is to trash it and start over.. hmm oki :S really.. i need a tut or something like that then :S cus the layout needs to be done very soon! :S maybe u guys got a link for some good layout tuts? i am a n00b at layouts so i dont know what colour combinations is good etc!

MrDomino said:
Don't use filters or textures unless you have to. Pick a font for your logo and use that only for your logo. Preferrably, pick a font that doesn't badly attempt to represent any form of handwriting. If you want a handwritten logo, draw it by hand. Text size indicates importance, your navigation should therefore not be the same size as your site name, or at least not the same weight.

It would help a lot if we knew what your website was for as well. Any type of design should be highly specialized to the information it communicates.
and its for an art site as i said in the first post if u didn't notice :D and i know about the font thing.. but it was just a test to show u WHERE i would place the menu and headline :)

UPDATE:

it doesn't make it much better. lol...

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Getting better, but the colors look childish.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cut him some slack. This is his first layout.

I think it's good for your first try. But yeah, I would change the color.

Best answers
Saying it is an "art site" is incredibly generic and uninformative. There are already tens of thousands of "art sites" on the net. What makes yours different? What in your content is unique? What is your content?

Best answers
its MY art :) hehe... i just need a layout cus we're doing some HTML in school wich i wanna learn so i am making a site for my artz0rs :)

and ye i thx for the critz.. but i would like some more info.. like.. which colours would be good? and how can red be chieldish? :D is dark better? or white? i just think that when i use dark/white it looks a little plain :S

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go for a mix of light and dark purple and replace the yellow with white... it knocks em' all dead... trust me.

Best answers
i'll try that in school then :) just hope that they got a program to colourize x_x

EDIT: hey again... i am in school and they doesn't got any colourize feature.. only if i color with brush!! :( so if it is can someone please do the colourize thingy for me...?

Bolteh2

B
if i wanted to visit artsites/portfolios, and i end up on this page, i'll closed my browser and never surf the net again.. that layout is not appealing and sure doesn't give people a "wow" expression when they first see it..

well, i got a "wow expression, but it was a wow in a very very bad way.

1) size, full browserwindowsized sites are passé.. they were "in" about 5 years ago, now they look ugleh
2) colorscheme.. it's prbably because i hate the color red, but cmon, that is the ****tiest red colorscheme i've ever seen
3) it's a site about your art, why did you take a picture that you didn't draw, and why did you add it to that background
4) those buttons are huge.. and i'm on 1280*1024.. i don't dare to imagine that site at 800*600
5) bad font and typography

please, just start over after you check some real art sites

Best answers
i see what u mean :D haha... :p well... gonna start from scratch then.. but now i cant do any html in school :D because i dont got any design :D lol but w/e

Best answers
Mortenl said:
its MY art :) hehe... i just need a layout cus we're doing some HTML in school wich i wanna learn so i am making a site for my artz0rs :)

and ye i thx for the critz.. but i would like some more info.. like.. which colours would be good? and how can red be chieldish? :D is dark better? or white? i just think that when i use dark/white it looks a little plain :S

As this is your first site I'm not going to try and tell you what styles you should use. Full browser window sites may be dated, but you have to start somewhere. The only colorscheme you should worry about is the one that makes sense for your content. Evaluate your art, since that is your content and apply every aspect of your design, to the smallest detail, to your content. Don't do anything flashy or trendy or stylish unless it makes absolute sense for what you are doing. Develop a plan based on your content.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The color scheme really needs to be changed to something more appealing to the eyes... really, that color combination is stabbing my eyes.

Best answers
well... i used it for my school projekt anyways.. but i changed the font colour to white :) looks way better :D now i can do desent HTML coding.. was worth the 2 days i spent on it :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm.... it need a content box! Because the menu layout have no end!...

also.. try to ad more pics or more stuff... but its clean ^^ gj!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
Probably be best if you follow Hwoarang's advice and start over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any way... he ask for help... and ideas... And he´s not asking : Should i redo it? Should i start over?.... I´ll be better if he decide it at his own! He ask us if he should redo this stuff or not.... (sry if im talking as a mod... But i only can say it to the last post of teknik)

Best answers
i am done with it anyways :) so no need to comment on this subject anymore :) thx everyone.. atleast i know that THATS not how to make a layout :D hehe..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom