Latest ver. SuperMAN vs. Super SAIYAN...A match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just watched "SuperMan Returns" a few days ago, and became curious as I was constantly astounded by the new feats the latest version of Superman was capable of. Looking at DBZ, what I consider the set precedent for ultimate power, I realized a few similarities in ability, and even some which, amazingly enough, surpassed.

I saw him blow through objects with ease, something well known in DBZ. I saw him dive through lava unharmed, a thing which would kill even a Super Saiyan. He wasn't heavy in speed really. And to top it all off, I saw him lift an island off the ground and send out of orbit.

Tell me if this is old news, but I've never seen Superman so horribly overpowered. Not that we see DBZ characters doing too much extremely-heavy lifting, but for me, DBZ was always the limit of power; nothing approache it, and certainly nothing ever surpassed it. That seemed to be an unwritten rule; "you can't go over Dragonball Z".

So here I ask, with this sudden, stupidly absurdly huge bulk in power, would this new version of Superman, actually stand a CHANCE against a Super Saiyan?

(Sorry, but seeing that movie sorta' blew my preconceptions away)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No.

Superman is limited in a lot of ways, compared to a Super Saiyan.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New? The old version of Superman was basically invincible. The oldest version of Superman couldn't fly though. Anyway, point being, there was a time when Superman was impossible to stop and he could do just about anything.

Completely overpowered Superman definately beats anyone from DBZ. The "newer" version, probably not.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyans can die, Superman's only weakness is kryptonite assuming the Saiyans couldn't get a hold of any, Superman would win.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only reason why I say modern Superman would probably lose is because they literally have the ability to blow up planets. I mean, even if he survived the blast he can't breathe in space. Old-school immortal/invincible/gamesharked Superman? Pfft. Goku would be dead before he could say, "You're a good fighter!".

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I always wondered what a fight between goku and superman would be like. Considering that saiyans can ascend to higher levels of power, and depending on fighting techniques I assume it would be a pretty close match.

Brolly withstood lava thanks to his shield. In gt, Goku had a hard time punching nova shenron because of the heat he could output in his body, and I would imagine Superman's heatvision to have some sought of similar effect. A deathball, that we've seen both Trunks and Goku handle (with Goku handling a more powerful one from cooler), considering that can destroy a entire planet, would probably be much harder to carry (as you can see, they struggle with it, and an island must fail in comparison to such attacks I would assume).

Very many factors :O.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan's can change to blond ....Superman's cant....soooo...yeah!

also as I remember Superman can go into teh space without space suit!

I dont know if SMan can get tired of fighting but I think Saiyan could find a way to defeat him easily...

edit*

a better question is in eye laser duel which one would be teh winner? Piccolo's or Sman's?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Modern Superman has to stay within the atmosphere or else he'll suffocate.

Modern Superman probably can't get tired ever, regardless of how long he's fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just watched "SuperMan Returns" a few days ago, and became curious as I was constantly astounded by the new feats the latest version of Superman was capable of. Looking at DBZ, what I consider the set precedent for ultimate power, I realized a few similarities in ability, and even some which, amazingly enough, surpassed.

I saw him blow through objects with ease, something well known in DBZ. I saw him dive through lava unharmed, a thing which would kill even a Super Saiyan. He wasn't heavy in speed really. And to top it all off, I saw him lift an island off the ground and send out of orbit.

Tell me if this is old news, but I've never seen Superman so horribly overpowered. Not that we see DBZ characters doing too much extremely-heavy lifting, but for me, DBZ was always the limit of power; nothing approache it, and certainly nothing ever surpassed it. That seemed to be an unwritten rule; "you can't go over Dragonball Z".

So here I ask, with this sudden, stupidly absurdly huge bulk in power, would this new version of Superman, actually stand a CHANCE against a Super Saiyan?

(Sorry, but seeing that movie sorta' blew my preconceptions away)
What Goku are you talking about?

What saga are you taking him from?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say the main Disadvantage Superman has is that he's obviously very lacking in speed compared to your average Super Saiyan. Sorta' like how USS2 Trunks was with Cell. Oh, and Superman can't use energy beams :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Superman is fast enough to turn back time.

I don't see any Saiyans doing that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind that no one has ever seen Superman use his full capabilities. The reason for this is he tries to preserve life, regardless of how evil one might be. I'm sure if he started using all of his powers with a devil-may-care attitude, we'd have about 5 billion less people in this world and 1/4 of the buildings we have now.

@mf29: Superman is smart enough to notice someone holding a ball above them. Superman is also smart enough to attack Goku before the SB can be completed. Superman lacks the "Delay genes" everyone in dbz seems to have.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Note: The scan above is of an old magazine scan (don't remember which one), as you can see, it really doesn't make sense, plus it's terrible.

Superman can be beaten without the use of Kryptonite, this was made apparent when Doomsday beat Superman to death in a fight.

I'd go with Goku either way on this one.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um..Superman didn't die. Notice how he came back and completely destroyed Doomsday. Twice in fact. He destroyed Doomsday twice. The other Supermans didn't want a piece of him.

I expected something better from Wizard o_O. Superman has been shot with every type of high energy beam there is, and while it hurts him, he usually just blocks it with his hands and walks/flies towards his opponent. So yeah, a kamehameha isn't going to fry Superman. Superman barely did anything in that fight.

Notice how Superman is trying to get an explanation from Goku instead of fighting full power.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do these threads always come up? 'Superman vs. Goku', Gamespot/GameFAQ's is always inundated with them whenever a new DBZ comes out.

For varieties' sake;

Pre Cell Saga: Superman
Post Cell Saga: Goku

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think in the old justice leage or something superman had to have a suit out in space.

is doomsday the purple guy with red eyes?

since superman cant die he would win.

and he doesnt take 4 episodes to perform a move. unless goku uses like a kryptonite beam or destroys the sun.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um..Superman didn't die. Notice how he came back and completely destroyed Doomsday. Twice in fact. He destroyed Doomsday twice. The other Supermans didn't want a piece of him.

I expected something better from Wizard o_O. Superman has been shot with every type of high energy beam there is, and while it hurts him, he usually just blocks it with his hands and walks/flies towards his opponent. So yeah, a kamehameha isn't going to fry Superman. Superman barely did anything in that fight.

Notice how Superman is trying to get an explanation from Goku instead of fighting full power.
Superman killed Doomsday, and died shortly after due to his injuries from the battle. Superman was resurrected later on.

is doomsday the purple guy with red eyes?

That's Doomsday. The guy you are probably talking about is Darkseid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doomsday killed Superman. He killed him with brute force. Superman can die.

That being said, Superman is of the mindset "Punch make thing splat". He's nowhere near a great fighter, he's just stupidly strong. Goku, being a martial artist and having super strength, would own Superman any day of the week.

That magazine article is pretty spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom