Laptop Cooler

Which one?

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm deciding between these two.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834998051

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Notebook-Cooler-USB-Powered/dp/B0000BVYTV/[/ame]

The Zalman probably cools a lot better and would last longer but cost twice as much. The Antec cost half the price, but probably wouldn't last as long. I'm planning on using it for a few years also.

What would you choose?

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For GPUs that throw a lot of heat though, hars, passive will not cut it. Thats why I tried to get him to look at his temps under stress :p My buggered 8600m GT would spike into the high 80s, low 90s in TF2. Now it usualy stays in the 60s

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
For GPUs that throw a lot of heat though, hars, passive will not cut it. Thats why I tried to get him to look at his temps under stress :p My buggered 8600m GT would spike into the high 80s, low 90s in TF2. Now it usualy stays in the 60s
You said that like your video card could time travel ;)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
80s and 90s in degrees celcius.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crappy cooling in laptops sucks at times...I have this little spacer in my laptop somewhere near the HDD, and it prevents half of the air going towards my GPU. Remove the spacer and the GPU stays cooler, but it fries your HDD in the process.

Anyway, make sure your laptop is even Cooler-worthy. My laptop for instance sucks air trough the keyboard, and blows it out on the left side. The underside is nearly completely closed, so a laptop cooler won't work for my laptop. Next, do you expect miracles from it? Don't, unless you overclock. And last but not least, I'd have to advise the Zalman NC2000 (not the 1000), it's by faaaar the best laptop cooler around. If you overclock, it can save up to 15 degrees, which is quite good (Given that the underside of your laptop is open, and has fans there). Then again, it is even more expensive than the ones you posted.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is the one I have but Kong doesn't wanna pay for ;P Zalmann really is the gold standard for laptop cooling imho. Them koreans know what they're doing :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since when do 2 different laptop coolers do the same job? They have different airflows, different fans, different designs. There is a reason why Zalmann's are the best coolers.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well you know, They are both coolers. They intend to do the same job, not every expensive products are always the best.

If he is going to overclock THEN he needs a better "expensive" cooler. Manufactered laptops have normally their own coolers in it, they mostly are enough if your going to use it for buisness or gaming. Don't get affected by the heat of the plastic or the laptop itself. The GFX and CPU could take more than the heat of that plastic so there isnt really a point in buying a cooler for a laptop.

But if you really want to keep it a bit cooler than go for the cheap one.

If you want it to get it very cool and overclock it then I recommend you a better one ie the zalman.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless you want to overclock, you wouldn't even need one at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom