LAN Ideas?

Best answers
At my college we usually have a free period around 12pm, so I take in counterstrike and so on. Now I have half life and ESF and we play them nearly all the time but I was wondering is it possible for someone to make a trainer? so we can turn our power level up and change the speed we fly easier?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no thats cheating and the esf team are against cheating

Best answers
No offense, but you should read a bit more before replying lol. They are against cheating yes but that is for online, we are playing on LAN (Local Area Network) so we are playing a Local match against one another not over the internet. And our break is like an hour long, so we don't have time to keep leveling up our power level to get to SSJ 3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is an AMXX pluggin for that. Should be a tutorial in the pluggins section on how to set it up.

Though from my guess you aint using STEAM at school. So it probably wont work since AMXX pluggins tend to throw a wobbly over STEAM.

Best answers
Well I have a copy of the first HL out, when it come without steam so I dont have steam anyway. But I was thinking if it was possible to make a exe trainer? I could give it ago but would it work or would ESF block any value changes? sorry if this isnt allowed to be spoken about too.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have a legal copy of HL why not use steam? Blocked Ports? Either way, don't make a trainer. Chances are good you'd get ppl a VAC ban if it got out in the public (anything affecting the hl.exe, any of the dll files or using memory injection - 3 common ways trainers work - will usually triggger a VAC ban.)

Best answers
No just an old copy I added it to my steam but for some reason I get some error 81 thing pop up. So its a no go then? well I will try the AMX thing I think I had it before but thanks anyways guys.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just put it on steam if it's legit. If not, HL is $10.

Best answers
Lol I just said I did, but it gets an error. And its an old old copy of the un updated HL, it didn't come with steam installed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it comes with STEAM or not it doesnt matter.

HL1 itself doesnt come with STEAM installed. The CD-key gets registered to STEAM thats what connects the 2.

Regarding the error. Can you post the exact error. Should be easier to search STEAM; support with that.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The one who creates LAN server (listen or dedicated, doesn't matter) should install AMXX along with Powerlevel Changer plugin. Then simply use plugin's console command to set players' powerlevel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom